ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Eviction percentages (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210090)

Apple202 15-08-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 5407615)
So how does our top 3 being; a transgender man, a black male with a gang history, a British-Indian female - fit into this idea of yours that the public are inherently prejudiced?

Even if you did argue that race is a factor, that alone does not account for such a massive difference in percentages

Pathetic comment tbh

That's because they have a storyline, they are all known to the public and liked for who they are. If you just put up a man and a woman, nothing else, no emotional investment, voters will save the man. It's always happened. There's only been one instance in a head to head where the woman has been saved since BB9 when rachel was saved and that's lauren vs. benedict. Same goes for if you put up a black woman and a white woman, voters will tend to save the white woman.

And not at all pathetic, I think it's more pathetic that people support such a vile, odious creature.

realitytvsux 15-08-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI (Post 5407640)
& coming 6TH in the 8 people up vote :joker:
You forgot that one ;)
He did manage to beat Luke S & Caroline after the vote freeze. Welldone!
He lost to Luke A, Deana & Adam & Sara, so he was battiling for 5th place

Exactly he wouldn't have won a penny in a fair competition!

alex_front2 15-08-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saigon1 (Post 5407638)
If Lauren only stayed instead of Luke A that week...it was so close.

I don't even like Lauren but anything is better than Luke A who is only marginally better than Aaron from last year.

No offence but your taste in HMs sucks :joker:

alex_front2 15-08-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 5407346)
Good to see Chris, Benedict and Lydia all getting a nice share.

All the freeze voting definitely saved Luke S, fix!!!

Luke A beating Deana week 9... definitely think he had all the casual votes from the start now and wasnt not gonna win.

So close between Scott and Ash! And nice to see Deana top that vote... looks like the Adam-favour editting moved him to 2nd, no doubt about it. They wanted a "bromance" final 2 it seems (theyve been harking on enough about them). But good to see Deana get in the 20%'s :D

Yep that was the BMI week - LukeA played a blinder, and he thrashed Deana by about 20%. LukeA was always going to be the winner.

joeysteele 15-08-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple202 (Post 5407572)
You voted for a man that threatened rape. Hope you're proud of yourself :)

I see no reason for me not to be, I am happy with what I have voted all through this series, in fact I think I have given votes to at least 10 of the 17 housemates in total at varying times.

I saw someone make an offensive comment,that was all I saw, I have seen a lot of offensive comments made in this series by all housemates,Conor's was dealt with by BB,I was happy with their action.
I doubt OFCOM will see it any different to BB in fact, so I think your generalisation to the comment is as misguided as the comment made by Conor was very much so too.
The voting percentages and Conor being saved by the public in 3 eviction battles following after the comment had been made too also speaks volumes but not in your favour clearly as he survived them all.

MeMyselfAndI 15-08-2012 11:44 AM

Joey would you support a perve in the house? I'm just wondering how far you'd go.

Iceman 15-08-2012 11:48 AM

Hahaha at Deana fans STILL moaning about Conor. let it go he's got his 50K and she got her 'brilliant' third place....

MTVN 15-08-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple202 (Post 5407646)
That's because they have a storyline, they are all known to the public and liked for who they are. If you just put up a man and a woman, nothing else, no emotional investment, voters will save the man. It's always happened. There's only been one instance in a head to head where the woman has been saved since BB9 when rachel was saved and that's lauren vs. benedict. Same goes for if you put up a black woman and a white woman, voters will tend to save the white woman.

And not at all pathetic, I think it's more pathetic that people support such a vile, odious creature.

So you only crudely reduce it down to stereotypes where it suits, I don't deny that it might give an advantage being white/male but I'd say the difference is only marginal & I'm still surprised at how much Conor did win that eviction by

MeMyselfAndI 15-08-2012 11:58 AM

would of been second place if BB didn;t cheat

joeysteele 15-08-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI (Post 5407677)
Joey would you support a paedo in the house? I'm just wondering how far you'd go.

What an offensive and ridiculous question, one that warrants contempt not an answer but of course I would not and I have always personally taken a strong stand against any paedophile behaviour as I will all my life too.
What a desperate attempt at a very low blow to try to make an unnecessary and very cheap point.
You have your answer though.

Brother Leon 15-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI (Post 5407702)
would of been second place if BB didn;t cheat

50k less than Con-Man either way :idc:

Gillian-73 15-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Joey would you support a paedo in the house? I'm just wondering how far you'd go.

That is bang out of order!

dathadiguy 15-08-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple202 (Post 5407646)

Hear hear! Let's he honest if Luke A didn't have that transgender story he would have went the week he was up against Lauren, that eviction is a prime example of a back-story versus a strong personality, the back-story always wins.

As for Conor if we're up in a head to head against any outsider he would've gone, beating Shev no achievement.

MeMyselfAndI 15-08-2012 12:08 PM

I was meant to write pervert, sorry.
I actually was.

Munchkins 15-08-2012 12:08 PM

Also the 40% Deana got in the 4 way is similar to the 80% Conor got in a 2 way
But anyway theres no need for us to get bitter over it, the shows over now :)

Iceman 15-08-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI (Post 5407716)
I actually was.

You're actually ridiculous.

joeysteele 15-08-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI (Post 5407716)
I actually was.

Paedo has 5 letters and pervert has 7, there is also an edit you can click on when mistakes are made in order to amend them if people want to.
I see you haven't yet chosen to do that though.

MeMyselfAndI 15-08-2012 12:16 PM

perve has 5 letters which is what I was meant to write, sorry

Suze 15-08-2012 12:18 PM

The way I see it, is, Conor got a way high percentage in the first one as he got the EIZFIT vote most likely, same as the earlier eviction votes for a few of them based on the most prolific housemates at that time. As time went on and fans saw the personalities emerging on what small amount of feed shown to them, their perceptions of some of the housemates changed, as then did the percentages, Deana's and her soldiers percentages rose, and Conor's and his little gang's seemed to dwindle. That is just how I see it. Also 'not all percentages were shown' we have to remember, so for all we know Conor's could have dwindled massively, and he also wasn't exactly up against much competition early on and in others later on he was almost on the chopping block. I think that is why he got the whiteroom get out clause. To me that spells Conor's unpopularity despite the percentages which need to be taken in context.

joeysteele 15-08-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI (Post 5407730)
perve has 5 letters which is what I was meant to write, sorry

Apology now fully accepted MeMyselfandI,you have amended the post so action has matched your apology. No worries and thank you for doing that.
(The answer to even that question though would be again no).

alex_front2 15-08-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Joey would you support a perve in the house? I'm just wondering how far you'd go.

Natch Joey would I'd say.

Kizzy 15-08-2012 12:44 PM

Conor is a perve... only a perve would threaten to do that to a woman imo!

Vicky. 15-08-2012 12:52 PM

Grr wanted to see the 8 way results (preferaably before the 'freezes' too)

Didnt like Caroline but Im sure she was screwed over for Luke S

Suze 15-08-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 5407798)
Grr wanted to see the 8 way results (preferaably before the 'freezes' too)

Didnt like Caroline but Im sure she was screwed over for Luke S

I reckon you could be right.

Shaun 15-08-2012 01:48 PM

the fact he only beat her by 1% pretty much confirms it