ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reality TV (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Challenge: The Ruins (2009) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120858)

ILoveTRW 19-10-2009 08:50 PM

The Challenge: The Ruins (2009)

Watch The Duel II before this season

http://l.yimg.com/l/im_siggaLvt8RA3....0928140704.jpg

Set in Phuket, Thailand, 2 teams of 14 battle it out for $300,000. It's The Champions (allumni who have won a challenge before) vs The Challengers (Rookies and allumni who have never won a challenge).

Cast
Boston: Syrus
Chicago: Tonya
Paris: Adam
San Diego: Brad
Austin: Wes, Johanna & Danny
Key West: Johnny
Sydney: Kelly Anne, Shauvon, Cohutta & Dunbar
Hollywood: Brianna, Kimberly & Nick
Brooklyn: Sarah & Chet

Fresh Meat: Evelyn, Diem, Casey, Evan & Kenny

Down Under: Susie
Semester at Sea: Veronica
The Quest: Katie Doyle
Campus Crawl: Darrell
X-treme: Ibis & Derek

Where to Watch
Episode 1 - Wes Side Story
Episode 2 - The Booby Trap | Aftershow
Episode 3 - The Road to Ruins
Episode 4 - Girls Gone Wild
Episode 5 - Reversal of Fortune
Episode 6 - Ruining On Empty
Episode 7 - Silence of the Ruins
Episode 8 - Thai Me Up! Thai Me Down! | Aftershow
Episode 9 - Muay So-Called Ruins?
Episode 10 - Good Thai and Good Luck
Episode 11 - The Reunion
Episode 12 - The **** They Should Have Shown

Braden 20-10-2009 12:56 PM

what's the real world about
is it as good as the vh1 celebreality shows ?

ILoveTRW 20-10-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenMaccie (Post 2618611)
what's the real world about
is it as good as the vh1 celebreality shows ?

basically 8 people live in a house in a different city each season and cameras just follow what they do

id say its as good as the celebreality shows, if not better

and the real world road rules challenge is basically i love money but for real world cast mate

Braden 20-10-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMoney (Post 2618927)
basically 8 people live in a house in a different city each season and cameras just follow what they do

id say its as good as the celebreality shows, if not better

and the real world road rules challenge is basically i love money but for real world cast mate

sounds awsome
i might start watching it :)

ILoveTRW 21-10-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenMaccie (Post 2619264)
sounds awsome
i might start watching it :)

you wont regret it, you can download the (latest) Real World Cancun season here: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2968116

i'm not saying its the best season ever but it is definitely entertaining and worth watching :thumbs:

Braden 21-10-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMoney (Post 2620838)
you wont regret it, you can download the (latest) Real World Cancun season here: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2968116

i'm not saying its the best season ever but it is definitely entertaining and worth watching :thumbs:

thank you,
and btw in that clip
did she actully try and kill her ! :shocked:

ILoveTRW 21-10-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradenMaccie (Post 2621764)
thank you,
and btw in that clip
did she actully try and kill her ! :shocked:

i dont think she was meaning to but was trying to unclip her safety harness to scare her and she thought her team were cheering her on when actually they were screaming at her to stop lol

Braden 21-10-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMoney (Post 2621787)
i dont think she was meaning to but was trying to unclip her safety harness to scare her and she thought her team were cheering her on when actually they were screaming at her to stop lol

oh right,lol
if i were her i would be crapping myself
the downloads nearly finished now
so i can't wait to see what it's like

Wildcat! 21-10-2009 05:59 PM

Real world is the first reality TV show where people are put in the house and filmed. ITs the basis o all reality TV shows you see these days. BB was based on the real world. Except, the RW is not as extreme. YOu dont have to stay in the house, and you do have luxuries, like computers, phone etc. BUt they have to get jobs to support themselves.

Twilight 21-10-2009 06:17 PM

God how fake is is that clip

ILoveTRW 21-10-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight (Post 2621989)

she is one good actress if it is, can you not see the pure fear in her face:conf:

Twilight 21-10-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemoney (Post 2622052)
she is one good actress if it is, can you not see the pure fear in her face:conf:

lmfao

Braden 22-10-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight (Post 2621989)

it looks pretty genuine to me

ILoveTRW 22-10-2009 11:14 AM

uncut fight between the girl that was nearly killed in the previous video and a drunken mess

"you are a manipulative slutty little bitch, who doesnt know whether she likes dick or vagina"

ILoveTRW 22-10-2009 03:26 PM

latest episode was immense

2 huge fights, 1 person removed, great ruins and a whole load of bitching a scheming

you guys dont realise what your missing out on

i never thought id say this but this might just be better than big brother

Braden 22-10-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMoney (Post 2623839)
latest episode was immense

2 huge fights, 1 person removed, great ruins and a whole load of bitching a scheming

you guys dont realise what your missing out on

i never thought id say this but this might just be better than big brother

i really need to watch it more
i thought that the vh1 reality shows were all you needed fora perfect reality show,but i was wrong, maybe it would be better if there were more contestants

iRyan 25-10-2009 02:30 AM

I live in America and I've seen every single RW/RR Challenge and almost every season of The Real World and Road Rules.

Incase you don't know, Road Rules was the sister show of The Real World that had almost the same concept except they traveled in an RV around foreign countries where they competed in challenges.

Both shows started in the early 90s. Road Rules was cancelled in 2007 after 14 seasons but The Real World is still airing on it's 22nd season and The Challenge on it's 18th season.

The last four challenges have been crap in my opinion (Gauntlet III wasnt too bad though), but this year's challenge "The Ruins" has been really really good. I have all challenges on DVD so I will try to upload some of the best ones for you all sometime! The best challenges IMO are Battle Of The Sexes, The Gauntlet, The Inferno, The Inferno II, The Gauntlet II, and The Duel.

Veronica (the brunette girl in both clips) is one of the most notorious contestants, she was on "Road Rules: Semester At Sea" and has been on 8 challenges since. "The Ruins" was her comeback since she hadn't done a challenge before that in 5 years. She is known mainly because alot of the other female contestants absolutely hate her, not sure why but she seems to evoke alot of hatred from other girls. The public either loves her or loves to hate her, but the majority of fans love her for the enterainment she brings.

Some youtube clips:

from Road Rules: Semester At Sea (1999)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfVtBUvV22M

from RW/RR Challenge: The Inferno 2 (2005)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqh_EvGmTQk

from RW/RR Challenge: The Inferno (2004)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-d1Oh2fGR4

ILoveTRW 25-10-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRyan (Post 2628376)

The last four challenges have been crap in my opinion (Gauntlet III wasnt too bad though), but this year's challenge "The Ruins" has been really really good. I have all challenges on DVD so I will try to upload some of the best ones for you all sometime! The best challenges IMO are Battle Of The Sexes, The Gauntlet, The Inferno, The Inferno II, The Gauntlet II, and The Duel.

Veronica (the brunette girl in both clips) is one of the most notorious contestants, she was on "Road Rules: Semester At Sea" and has been on 8 challenges since. "The Ruins" was her comeback since she hadn't done a challenge before that in 5 years. She is known mainly because alot of the other female contestants absolutely hate her, not sure why but she seems to evoke alot of hatred from other girls. The public either loves her or loves to hate her, but the majority of fans love her for the enterainment she brings.

Yay someone who watches it :dance:

I thought the Duel 2 was good, it most of the characters that you want to be seeing. My personal fav is The Inferno II

I think Veronica is a really weird character because you never see her in an episode until there is someone screaming in her face and even then she doesn't say anything and just smiles.

iRyan 25-10-2009 04:34 PM

Veronica was at her best on The Inferno I and Battle of the Sexes. She really knew how to play the game and manipulate people to do whatever she wanted. She got her entire team to throw the mission and lose $10,000 so she could win the lifesaver and not have to go into the Inferno.

ILoveTRW 30-10-2009 02:08 PM

can't believe Wes got his arse kicked by the hill billy

Kelly Anne has to win this now, shes the only good one left

Braden 07-11-2009 08:48 PM

in your opinion
what is your favourite season ?
i might download it and watch your favourite season first
and then just watch all seasons from scratch

ILoveTRW 16-11-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasteee (Post 2657311)
in your opinion
what is your favourite season ?
i might download it and watch your favourite season first
and then just watch all seasons from scratch

its hard to say because i love lot of the seasons but the top three for me are

Inferno 2
Fresh Meat
Battle of the Sexes 2

ILoveTRW 03-12-2009 10:11 PM

I so hope the girls win it would be so good to see the smug wiped off those guys faces, but I doubt it will happen

ILoveTRW 10-12-2009 09:49 PM

wished the girls would of won, it would of ended such a great season perfectly

ILoveTRW 24-12-2009 02:11 PM

the **** they should of shown was great.

im so surprised that kelly anne has basically become the poster girl for the show after only appearing on 2 of the season