ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Newbies - Please read (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189971)

Vicky. 04-11-2011 01:45 AM

Newbies - Please read

First off, welcome :D

I have noticed a lot of new members joining recently, and the same questions being asked a few times, so thought it may be a good idea to answer them in one thread.

Older members, might I ask that you are nice to newbies in here, and answer any questions they have if you know the answers :laugh:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, first off...to get yourself an avatar.

Click here

On this page, you will be asked either for the URL of the image you wish to use, or to upload an avatar straight from your computer. You CAN use animated avatars if they are within the maximum size.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is whats known as your profile. This shows to anyone who clicks on your name. To talk to other members semi-privately you can write on their walls. If you wish the conversation to be completely private, there is the option to private message.

To change the colouring on your profile, click here. You will come to a screen with various options...just mess around with them a little until you get it how you want it.

You can also use an image on your profile. To do this click here. Much the same as uploading an avatar, except it only shows on your page, rather than when you post.

You can change the privacy settings of your profile here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As well as using an avatar, you can have a custom signature.

To make this, click here. This can be text, or images, or a bit of both. As long as it is within the signature guidelines.

To add an image to your signature, use the image code [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] without the spaces. And paste the link to the picture you wish to use between the two parts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, before posting, its always a good idea to have a read of the rules just to familiarize yourself with how things work here :)

Hopefully this is enough to get you started, but please don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any problems. We don't bite, hard :tongue:

Kazakh 04-11-2011 10:03 AM

Nice post!

Benjamin 04-11-2011 11:54 AM

Also not all of them know that there are other parts to the forum to discuss non-BB things which they are more than welcome to join in on. :hugesmile:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...splay.php?f=41

Kate! 04-11-2011 12:01 PM

Good post Vicky :)

Incensed 04-11-2011 12:20 PM

Big welcome to all new members :)

Suze 04-11-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incensed (Post 4717902)
Big welcome to all new members :)

Same from me :)

Good thread, Vicky :)

Doogle 04-11-2011 09:37 PM

Aww this is a good thread. :D but I don't get why so many members never bother to get avatars and post in other sections. A lot of us when we were new just learnt it all on the way so this is really helpful for those who don't know though.

King Gizzard 04-11-2011 09:44 PM

There is a rather neglected Football forum at the moment..come and tell us who you support! /cheese

King Gizzard 04-11-2011 09:44 PM

If it wasn't for Lauren and then the TiBB built in chatroom I'd probably of posted about 30 times and left

westiebabe 04-11-2011 09:52 PM

Thanks for the info from a newbie!..cheers!

dwarling 04-11-2011 09:58 PM

not exactly a newbie,..but dont post on here all the time,..but the more the merrier eh' cool.

Kitty 04-11-2011 11:48 PM

Thank you !

mr rochester 05-11-2011 11:29 AM

i dont have a button to press to start a new thread - not sure what to do...

Incensed 05-11-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 4721372)
i dont have a button to press to start a new thread - not sure what to do...

At the top, left hand side of the index page there is a button that says 'New Thread' Just click on that and away you go.

mr rochester 05-11-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incensed (Post 4721399)
At the top, left hand side of the index page there is a button that says 'New Thread' Just click on that and away you go.

That's the button I don't seem to have:conf: Thank you for trying to help tho' ...

Benjamin 05-11-2011 11:49 AM

Do you see the bar which says BB12 Articles (at the top of page)? Just beneath that there should be a button that says new thread (left hand side).

Pyramid* 05-11-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 4721409)
That's the button I don't seem to have:conf: Thank you for trying to help tho' ...

if you look to the top of the screen.... look down about an inch and you will see this:
If you click on Big Brother 12 on C5, when that page reloads, look about an inch down from that part, on the left, and there is a 'not too obvious looking' button that says New Thread.

http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/blue/newthread.gif

Threads in Forum : Big Brother 12 on C5

Hope this makes sense!!

Benjamin 05-11-2011 11:53 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/biv1cp.png

Pyramid* 05-11-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukturtle (Post 4721420)

That's what I don't know how to do !!!

You is too smart UK Turtle. !! :D

Incensed 05-11-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 4721409)

No probs, looks like you're getting some advice now that's far better than I explained it. :joker:

Benjamin 05-11-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4721422)
That's what I don't know how to do !!!

You is too smart UK Turtle. !! :D

If you want to print what is on your screen hit the button PrntScr then paste the image into something like Paint or Powerpoint for example. Save the image and then upload it via TinyPic. :)

There may be an easier way but that's the way I know how to do it. :)

mr rochester 05-11-2011 12:01 PM

Aggggghhhhhh - still can't do it!!!! Even with all that very kind help. I must be thicker than a certain housemate which gives me no comfort whatsoever...

I will keep on trying until eventually I WILL post a new thread...watch this space...

Thank you all so much xx

Pyramid* 05-11-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukturtle (Post 4721426)
If you want to print what is on your screen hit the button PrntScr then paste the image into something like Paint or Powerpoint for example. Save the image and then upload it via TinyPic. :)

There may be an easier way but that's the way I know how to do it. :)

Ah... see I know how to do that... I thought there was a quicker way (ie: just like doing a screenshot and uploading that directly onto here, rather than pasting onto another app then uploading to tinypic etc). I'm a lazy mare - but at least you took the time out to help someone ! More than I did!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 4721431)
Aggggghhhhhh - still can't do it!!!! Even with all that very kind help. I must be thicker than a certain housemate which gives me no comfort whatsoever...

I will keep on trying until eventually I WILL post a new thread...watch this space...

Thank you all so much xx

I kinda get the feeling that you aren't clicking on the correct forum headers. If you are looking or reading a thread - you can't do it at that point. You have to 'go back' to selecting the actual name of the sub-form name that's at the top (ie: Big Brother 12 on Ch5).

Maybe??

Benjamin 05-11-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyramid* (Post 4721444)
Ah... see I know how to do that... I thought there was a quicker way (ie: just like doing a screenshot and uploading that directly onto here, rather than pasting onto another app then uploading to tinypic etc). I'm a lazy mare - but at least you took the time out to help someone ! More than I did!

I may be a bastard at times on here, but I'm a helpful one. :hugesmile:

Pyramid* 05-11-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukturtle (Post 4721453)
I may be a bastard at times on here, but I'm a helpful one. :hugesmile:

Don't knock it - or you.... we (including me) are all the same!

I've yet to come across the perfect human being (but dammit, I'm close!! PMSL :D)

:)