Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Old 22-10-2011, 07:32 PM #26

LIVE FEED
4 contestants that are 30+ at least maybe a few 40+

Naked sundays..no need to explain that one

Bring head of house into show again but this time hoh is excempt from nominations.This will make it worth winning.Plus giving them treats and own luxury room.

Make food tasks more like the american version. split the house and make them compete with eachother..That way half the house is always pissed off and grumpy while they watch the other half living it up.

Stop all nomination talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop people coming into the house...cabin fever is a big factor in big brother and celebs coming in along with family ruins it.

for 4 weeks they do not nominate..they are all put up and the least popular get evicted so 4 bores go out the door before they are allowed to remove the characters.
Old 22-10-2011, 08:28 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphLiike View Post
-live feed (just to shut everyone up)
-better housemates (not just young attractive people)
-better pre-show spin off (bring back BBLB instead of OKTV)
-NO stupid movie premiers
-ALWAYS more than 2 people up for eviction
-Dont tell the HMs who got most votes (it changes nominations)
-Dont let HMs hear the crowd (although this is good sometimes, its good for them not to hear the reaction)
Really good points.
I would divide the women and men for two weeks and vote out one male and one female each week. Then put the house together.
This way there will be no males and females jumping on each other in the first week.
We need to get to know them first.
The idea that a romance makes you a winner has spoilt BB
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 08:37 PM #28
Born to Folk

Born to Folk

Get rid of Brian, it would be cheaper and more entertaining if he was replaced by a plank of wood
Bollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 08:54 PM #29

Live feed...but apart from that nothing it's been good this year.

I don't think there's anything wrong in having 30- HMs...just coz the mean age is younger it doesn't mean that you won't get entertaining viewing.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 08:58 PM #30
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor

Stop showing ten mins of the previous week on every episode.
spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 09:27 PM #31

I have found this year's series quite interesting, I have liked how they have pretty much kept all the housemates the same, I have liked the age range within the house.

Channel 5 need to add Live Feed, I also feel they need to stop editing and let the show run its natural course, at the moment all we are seeing is what Channel 5 want us to see.

I think theirs much more going on in that house, than what we are being shown, perhaps Aaron as an example would come out in even a better light with the inclusion of live feed. Perhaps Alex is doing more than what we are being shown?

They just need to tweek the show and add certain things and I am sure it will be a hit!
rsefitpro2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 10:50 PM #32
My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

Live Feed

Discussing nominations works well in BB Africa (I think they are still allowed to since S4 The Revolution) so try it for one season

Try Emma as the host
Nintendo ID (Wii U): BRLNerd
BBfanUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 12:10 PM #33

I think there should be a 2nd house from the beginning of the series with replacements for people who want to walk. The 2nd house should be part of the live feed but not get any tasks or do nominations or anything like that, just live there until called upon to replace a walker from the main house. Then, whenever anyone from the main house decides they want to leave, BB can kick them straight out the first time they come to the Diary Room and say they want out, no messing about, no sleeping on it, nothing - they come to the Diary Room and say "I want to leave" and BB can go "Fine, exit via the door to the left" and within an hour a new housemate can be in the main house. There could even be voting for which 2nd house resident should replace the walker, so viewers get a bit of a say in it. It would also mean you don't get new housemates who've watched the show and know more than the others about what's been going on.
Mumbles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 12:13 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

live feed, minimal editing, better presenter, no outside world contact in any way shape or form (other than videos/letters from home)

Eviction shows need looking at too. They need to get rid of the platform and the huge stage, watching the housemates walk through the crowd was always a lot better

Last edited by Tom; 24-10-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 12:43 PM #35

Favourites:
BB12: Faye
CBB8: Paddy

Favourites:
CBB8: Paddy

24/7 Live feed (Obviously)

Full age range, rather than a bunch of kiddies like this one

Normal people rather than agency run media wannabe's

No thicko's

Keep vote to save (I think it helps keep interesting folks in over boring ones but doesn't prevent tactical voting... as shown by jem staying over anton)

Absolutely NO contact from the outside world... no 'message from home', no hearing crowd reaction, no informing the HM's who came first, no celebrity visits etc.

No new HM's unless someone walks or is removed from rule breaking...... threaten to walk in the DR... you are removed right there and then, no BB trying to persuaide you to stay, no 'sleep on it', just OK out you come! The first the other HM's know about it is when the replacement HM walks in!

Bring back the chickens and provide flour etc for HM's to make their own bread to supliment their budgets.

Individual food budgets...... then sit back and watch the arguments fly between those who put the effort in and got big budgets and the slackers who failed and are scraping by on basics.

Punishments for the whole house if the house is left like a pigsty

Nomination discussion possible but restricted..... like the pod thing, so other HM's can know who is in there and the only reason to be in there is to discuss nominations.
Raven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 01:17 PM #36

Live feed is top of my list - no question

People who can hold an intelligent and interesting conversation

HMs who say they want to leave should be shown the door and not brought onto spin-off programmes

Rule breakers should be properly punished.

Only singles
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 01:52 PM #37

C5 needs to

1) Stop the soap opera aspect to BB which began in earnest last year on C4 with the whole Josie and John James saga as it means a few HM get all the air time <tedious if it's not your fav> and prevents us seeing others. C5 needs to revert back to showing as much as possible of what happens in a day even if its a one-off and not part of a story eg showing HMs having a good time

2) Stop trying to favour certain HM over others. It's blatently obvious that they like Jay and if that's the case, why not have a house full of Jay types so that they'll get a winner they want and stop trying to make <unfavoured> but popular Housemates like Aaron look bad in contrast

3) No showbiz or celebs in house eg Pamela and Jordan. It's about ordinary people, CBB is for celebs

4) Tell us about twists and surprises in advance eg the Ghost Crypt which went to Jay and Anton. Would this have happened if Tom and Aaron were up, then? Doubt it

5) Better tasks. Last year was amazing especially the 'Ignore the obvious'. This years tasks have been utter bilge. Even the YES/ NO task was quite average

6) Call a non-specified HM to come to the diary room to do a task like they used to until BB7 rather than saying 'Will X come to the DR' as it looks like it's trying to get certain HMs extra air time and contrive certain situations. Why did Faye and Jem have to do the burping task. Why did have to be burping to Aaron? Why has Alex had alot of secret tasks? Can't she be entertaining without BB's help? Aaron has had ZERO secret tasks. In BB6 when BB wanted a RANDOM HM to come to the DR on opening night to be 'unlucky 13' it was Makosi. The big characters always step up to the plate on this, don't contrive it. If they did that now they'd say 'Will Jay come to the DR'. It's pathetic.

7) No 'previously' re-caps. If people want a re-cap then they can go and look at old episodes and clips on line. Stop pandering to the under 25-market. Or they can always do an extended BB edition for an 1h and 30 mins with recaps

8) Make BBOTs mroe neutual. Before I was an Aaron supporter I was 100% in Mark camp and even back then I noticed an Anti-Aaron and pro-Jay stance. Let us decide who to like

9) Pick a greater range of HMs, what about people from different cultures etc. One thing about BB5 and BB10 was the diversity eg transgendered Portuguese HMs, Sree, gay housemates, Siavash. Brilliant and it added to the mix. Loved the Marco gay v Ahmed Muslim stand-off in BB5.

10) Stop trying to depict Hms as 1-dimensional. Aaron has a lot of fun and high-jinx as we see on Twitter updates and on FB website but this never makes it onto HL as it doesn't fit in with BB's new dumb-down narrative as portraying Aaron as a misery guts who is introspective with Faye.

11) Stop covering up for vile behaviour. If HMs act unacceptably eg pooing in freezer or making racist comments this must be reflected in the show.

12) Stop changing the rules if the wrong HMs succeeds eg Aaron winning face peg, Alex winning the rowing and therefore it stops being a team task (as Aaron is on her team)

13) Stop keeping the DR closed to certain HM. I've noticed Tom, Aaron and Aden always had to wait to get into DR whilst Jay, Anton and Alex always seem to have the door open immediately and walk straight in.

14) BRING BACK LIVE FEED

Last edited by alex_front2; 24-10-2011 at 02:03 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 03:01 PM #38

5 star hasnothing on it but cheap ads most of the time, surely it could be used for a few hours of live feed.
i think they would get more for the advertising then.
rogerb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 03:04 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
5 star hasnothing on it but cheap ads most of the time, surely it could be used for a few hours of live feed.
i think they would get more for the advertising then.
Exactly, good suggestion. 5* just has repeats of shows such as 'Britain's sexiest dog trainer', 'Holiday Traffic Police' and repeats of Remington Steel. It could be easily used for wall to wall live feed.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 03:11 PM #40
folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

folklore

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Live Feed: After the controversy and arguments made by fans and the channel, if they don't bring it back I Think it will be the worst decision they've ever made. Even if it's just for a few hours during the day and night.
Eye Design: Re-Design. Or go back to the old template
Website Design: They need more things on the website. Remember the website Channel 4 had. Clips everyday (Even WITH Live Feed), Competitions, exclusives. They don't even have Housemate profiles..
Longer Series: Maybe the length of Big Brother 11
Time slot: Channel 5 need a permanent time slot. 9pm or 10pm.
Spin-Off Shows: Big Brother's Little Brother needs to come back. BBBOTS is ok but it's on to late sometimes.
Twists: No boring twists. Or unexpected
Fan Involvment:They need to get fans more involved in the show. Less favouritism over certain Housemates
Vote to EVICT: This needs to return.
Old 24-10-2011, 04:51 PM #41

Favourites:
Strictly 2009: Phil & Katya

Favourites:
Strictly 2009: Phil & Katya

On the issue of "more intelligent HMs" I can assure you that is the last thing Endemol want in there.
Kazakh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 04:51 PM #42

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2011: Kitty

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2011: Kitty

Live feed
Zebidee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 05:07 PM #43

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear

Sack the whole production team!!!!
Tourmaline is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 05:12 PM #44

Stop interfering with nominations/nomination results.
Stop trying to come up with good twists cos lets face it they are all ****.
Bring back LIVE FEED.
Don't put any hms relatives or partners in.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 07:48 PM #45

Favourites:
BB11: Sam

Favourites:
BB11: Sam

live feed, at least for a couple of hours a day
no outside contact at all, no letters, no phone calls, no visitors, no nothing
no "previously" bits
no new housemates
plain nominations each week (the only thing that can be tampered with in that is that housemates nominate, but BB still puts everybody up)
older housemates in as well, not all from the same age group, similar body type or similar fame hungry type

Oh yes, I almost forgot. In the editing, I want the early days of editing back and at times I want to hear proper conversations. And l want to see longer tasks as well.

Last edited by crocs; 24-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.
crocs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 08:32 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazakh View Post
On the issue of "more intelligent HMs" I can assure you that is the last thing Endemol want in there.
I don't want intelligent housemates as such (which to me is people like Carol Vorderman) but some housemates that are eccentric but not in an overt way, have depth and a bit of life experience wouldn't go a miss. The kind of people I mean is like Lisa from BB9, completely off her head and not all there, but great telly

If they're all thick, all hopping in and out of each others beds and in there for one thing, the deals afterwards, then it will be a disaster. Just have to look at this very series to see that. I got into it about 2-3 weeks ago and it was really good, I'd say to BB5-7 levels but for me it has become very stale very quickly because the housemates are all one dimensional.

Last edited by Tom; 24-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 08:35 PM #47

This show had so much potential but anyone half entertaining got voted out by the public.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 08:56 PM #48

The fact that the last couple of years this discussion has been made dozens of times every series shows that no "improving" is going to be done and the show has well and truly had its time.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, channel 5, improve, year