Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 21-05-2009, 11:13 AM #26
OPTIONAL UKNOWN.

OPTIONAL UKNOWN.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bring it on people!!
WoopieGeorge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 11:21 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by President

The reason why BB8 had such a big drop near the beginnning was because it was up against Britain's Got Talent. If BB9 was up against BGT, the same thing would have happened.

Looking at the graph, there was no rise during BB9 but look at BB8 - there was a spike in week 6/7 due to the Fake Week twist.

Does your graph take into account that C4+1 was launched in the latter part of BB8? That would explain the dip towards the end, as you probably didn't include the C4+1 figures for the last few ratings.
I'm aware of BGT which is why I never said anything about that, but it still didn't level out like BB9 did even after that drop. And they're from IBB, so the second half of the series is when C4+1 was launched. Its also worth noting that even though BB9 had the lowest audience ever, it still managed to win its slot on a number of occasions, or finish second to the news. I'm sure Channel 4 were quite happy with that.

Quote:
Once again, you're not getting the point. The Audience Appreciation figures obviously would be better for BB9 because there were fewer viewers watching the show compared to BB8. The viewers watching in BB9 would be more liekly to enjoy the show as they're sticking around, and the core fanbase enjoy the show.

That's why programmes with smaller viewing figures always get the top AIs. Because it's got a cult audience who enjoy the show.
Also, may I add: the AIs weren't too different between BB8 and BB9. It was only a couple of points in it, which is very little and can be explained by the reduction in viewership (which I have touched on above).
A few points are actually quite a big difference in terms of AI figures. And in the grand scheme of things, 0.3m isn't really a big difference.

Quote:
But it's not really a good platform because it was the worst ratings ever. In the past, after every drop, the following series has seen a rise. BB9 couldn't do that, suggesting that the series was relatively poor.
BB9 was enjoyed by most so I don't think it was poor ... and it was a good platform because it undid everything that BB8 and Hijack did (ruin the brand), they took on viewer advice to try and restore it and they got a solid fan base. If they return for BB10, which most will, and if they can get hold of new viewers then the ratings should be just the same as BB9, if not slightly better.

Quote:
All the facts show that if CBB loses viewers, then summer BB will lose viewers. The highly likely scenario is that BB10 will be the worst rating summer series ever.
Facts also show that every even numbered series' becomes one of the worst rated series at the time whilst the odd series' becomes one of the top rated. BB9 bucked that trend so anything is possible. But anyway I think its inevitable that BB10 will be the worst rated ... Big Brother isn't what it was and people are losing interest. If BB10 was more controversial than BB7 I still doubt it would get good figures purely because the public have now had enough. Its time for it to become a proper cult show I think.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 11:29 AM #28
Most powerful man on TiBB

Quote:
I'm aware of BGT which is why I never said anything about that, but it still didn't level out like BB9 did even after that drop. And they're from IBB, so the second half of the series is when C4+1 was launched. Its also worth noting that even though BB9 had the lowest audience ever, it still managed to win its slot on a number of occasions, or finish second to the news. I'm sure Channel 4 were quite happy with that.
I just did some research, and C4+1 launched in the last week of BB8. So you were right- the dip for BB8 was genuine.

But I don't think BB9 won its slot on that many occasions? Have you got proof to your claims? And obviously it would come second to BBC News because the other channels were showing crap programming. In fact, in previous years BB would beat the news.

Quote:
A few points are actually quite a big difference in terms of AI figures. And in the grand scheme of things, 0.3m isn't really a big difference.
No no no. The AI figures only were different by a maximum of 3 or 4, which is very little. 0.3m isn't a big difference as you say, but it would affect the AIs. Of course, I have no doubt that BB9 was better than BB8 which was utterly rubbish. But it doesn't prove that BB9 was one of the best series, because according to all the facts it wasn't. Even BB6 had higher AIs than BB9.

Quote:
BB9 was enjoyed by most so I don't think it was poor ... and it was a good platform because it undid everything that BB8 and Hijack did (ruin the brand), they took on viewer advice to try and restore it and they got a solid fan base. If they return for BB10, which most will, and if they can get hold of new viewers then the ratings should be just the same as BB9, if not slightly better.
They didn't execute the format changes properly. The HoH was a half-arsed attempt. Heaven and Hell was crappy as well. They could have been good, but weren't.

After a terrible series like BB8, of course it's easy for the following series to be better. But the fact of the matter is that BB9 had less viewers than BB8 because it wasn't engaging enough, and people that watched it thought it was OK but that's it. If it was a great series, there would have been a rise in figures created by word of mouth. That didn't happen.
President is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 11:38 AM #29
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

This is really good news i really enjoyed BB6 & especially BB9 last year, so hopefully this year's BB will just as good, if not better
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 11:44 AM #30

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBrotherfan4ever
This is really good news i really enjoyed BB6 & especially BB9 last year, so hopefully this year's BB will just as good, if not better
Did you enjoy CBB6?

Sharon Powers was EP of that as well.
Old 21-05-2009, 11:46 AM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I just did some research, and C4+1 launched in the last week of BB8. So you were right- the dip for BB8 was genuine.

But I don't think BB9 won its slot on that many occasions? Have you got proof to your claims? And obviously it would come second to BBC News because the other channels were showing c**p programming. In fact, in previous years BB would beat the news.
I just remember reading it in a few ratings reports, if you find the BB9 ratings thread on here then that might have some kind of reference to it.

Quote:
No no no. The AI figures only were different by a maximum of 3 or 4, which is very little. 0.3m isn't a big difference as you say, but it would affect the AIs. Of course, I have no doubt that BB9 was better than BB8 which was utterly rubbish. But it doesn't prove that BB9 was one of the best series, because according to all the facts it wasn't. Even BB6 had higher AIs than BB9.
I'm not saying it proves it was one of the best, I'm just saying a lot of people enjoyed it more than the previous couple of series' (CBB5, BB8, Hijack) and suggested a return to form ...

Quote:
They didn't execute the format changes properly. The HoH was a half-arsed attempt. Heaven and Hell was crappy as well. They could have been good, but weren't.

After a terrible series like BB8, of course it's easy for the following series to be better. But the fact of the matter is that BB9 had less viewers than BB8 because it wasn't engaging enough, and people that watched it thought it was OK but that's it. If it was a great series, there would have been a rise in figures created by word of mouth. That didn't happen.
But the fact is they took on board what fans said. No silly house next door variation, small tweaks to the format to make it harder (tokens etc), format changes which they can easily develop for BB10, no pointless twists etc .............

Figures won't be created by word of mouth anymore. That aspect of BB has long gone. Noone talks about it anymore.
Old 21-05-2009, 11:47 AM #32
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Did you enjoy CBB6?

Yeah i thought it was all right not the best.
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 11:49 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Did you enjoy CBB6?

But in fairness CBB6 on paper was good. If you think of the opening week twist (HOH secretly picking people to fit into bad categories to face eviction and all that revealed live) and the line up (which most of us was actually quite excited about) then its not really her fault that the housemates never lived up to what people expected. Plus she was also behind BB6 and CBB4 which imo are the two best series' ever.
Old 21-05-2009, 12:16 PM #34
Banned

Banned

Cletus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 12:51 PM #35

if she puts my boyfriend in then it will be the best bb ever!!
ren1977 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 02:18 PM #36
Adios

Adios

I hope she does a cracking series like BB6 if she doesnt she can die a slow painful death
Edit: Joke
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 02:23 PM #37

Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn
I hope she does a cracking series like BB6 if she doesnt she can die a slow painful death
Harsh, but I like your thinking
Old 21-05-2009, 02:26 PM #38
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn
Harsh, but I like your thinking
I am joking
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, bb10, charge, powers, produce, sharon