Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2017, 06:15 PM #31
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

After waiting more than a year, I went to watch the performance at the weekend.

It was a great. A really nice sequel that was enjoyable for a Harry Potter fan myself. The location was great and the theatre was lovely, I had balcony seats but was sat in the centre and could see perfectly well. Definitely worth the £15 for each part.

The story itself was portrayed with a lot of warmth. I loved Albus and Scorpius as characters, and as a Slytherin I was happy they represented two Slythern characters as genuinely good people idk if it comes across like this in the book, but Harry was quite unlikable throughout. A lot of the time the character would just shriek and shout; I thought there was still a sense of Harry to the character though, just not as likable or a person I rooted for like I did in the films (though this wasn't really the point anyway. Ron was fantastic, such an accurate portrayal of the character, much more than Rupert Grint playing Ron - who I find quite overrated, and after reading the books and watching the films I realised was the wrong person to play the character. Hermione was fine, her daughter was quite annoying though, ngl.

I went into the show already knowing

Spoiler:

That Delphi was the daughter of Bellatrix and Voldemort, was gutted when I came across it since I had done so well to avoid spoilers and that was the main one

I feel like I would've loved it even more had I not known, but the context of which she appeared. i.e:

Spoiler:

Contextualising Cedric and his father around the character's relevance was quite clever, and I liked the use of the time-changer. It's a simplistic plot device that made use of many characters in the Harry Potter world we wouldn't have seen otherwise

Yeah, the play was definitely was worth watching. Not of the same calibre of other books, like MTVN said the show is more of a gimmick than a genuine instalment, but heart-warming nonetheless.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
child, cursed, discussion, harry, potter, tomorrow