Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:30 AM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: John Barnes
CBB20: Sandi Bogle

Favourites (more):
CBB21: John Barnes
CBB20: Sandi Bogle
Default Marvel's - The Gifted Fox 9pm Tonight

Set in the X-Men universe - The Gifted tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers

PS Keep an eye out for a Stan Lee cameo

Spoiler:

Reed (Stephen Moyer) and Caitlin (Amy Acker) Strucker are typical middle-class parents dealing with the realities of raising a family. However, when their teenage kids, Lauren (Natalie Alyn Lind) and Andy (Percy Hynes White), are involved in an incident at their high school which reveals they are mutants, Reed and Caitlin do all in their power to protect their children. Forced to go on the run, the Struckers must leave behind their old lives to flee from a relentless government agency that tracks down mutants, the Sentinel Services, which includes Agent Jace Turner (Coby Bell).

Complicating matters further is the fact that Reed is a prosecutor in the district attorney’s office tasked with going after mutants. Desperate and running low on options, the family’s only choice is to contact an underground network that helps mutants in trouble. The mutants in the network – Eclipse/ Marcos Diaz (Sean Teale), Blink/Clarice Fong (Jamie Chung), Polaris/Lorna Dane (Emma Dumont) and Thunderbird/John Proudstar (Blair Redford) – are dealing with their own issues. With one of their members in prison and their team possibly compromised, they face an uncertain future in a world that looks increasingly dangerous for mutants. The drama series is produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television. Burn Notice creator Matt Nix penned the pilot script for the series and serves as showunner.

This is so much better than 'inhumans' feels more like a movie..a must see

Last edited by _baileys_; 08-10-2017 at 09:30 AM.
_baileys_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:59 AM #2
-

-

Is the mum Fred from Angel?

It looks decent enough actually. I'm wondering if this, Legion, possibly Logan, are all set in the same alternate timeline?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:38 PM #3
Namaste

Namaste

Amy Acker Was hoping she'd surface in another main role soon after Person of Interest ended.

Might watch this. Glad it isn't set in the MCU, I gave up on that because it's gotten too bloated. Granted I haven't seen the X Men films yet but they've been on my radar to watch for ages and this would be a good excuse (I'm weird in that if there's a shared universe I need to follow all of it or none )

Last edited by Lostie!; 08-10-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 PM #4
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
Amy Acker Was hoping she'd surface in another main role soon after Person of Interest ended.

Might watch this. Glad it isn't set in the MCU, I gave up on that because it's gotten too bloated. Granted I haven't seen the X Men films yet but they've been on my radar to watch for ages and this would be a good excuse (I'm weird in that if there's a shared universe I need to follow all of it or none )
X-men universe is getting a bit jumbled too, though... like the original X-men (Patrick Stewart) and "First Class" era X-men (McAvoy) were originally totally separate canons... but they were merged into the same timeline in Days of Future Past, which also wiped some (most?) or the original trilogy OUT of the canon. But only the events. The characters ARE still canon . The events of Origins: Wolverine were forgotten and over-ridden by The Wolverine... but I'm not sure if The Wolverine is timeline canon either since DOFP, especially given the added Wolverine scene in Apocalypse (which was apparently filmed and tacked on later, and wasn't in the original cut). And then "Logan" is set in the near-future in apparently a totally separate timeline, supposedly, but they still vaguely reference events from earlier movies. "Legion" (tv show) and this one The Gifted seem to tie in more with the Logan timeline... but officially I think they are each separate universes again.

Oh and Deadpool has X-men in it but isn't canon related to any established timeline, and Deadpool 4th-wall-break namedrops both McAvoy and Stewart when they bring up Prof. X (saying that he's not sure which to expect as the timelines confuse him) .

That said, there's currently nothing to say that Logan ISN'T part of the newer films timeline, as those films are only up to the 1980's and Logan is set in the late 2020's(?), so it could feasibly be the future of the current gen X-men, with Legion / The Gifted being the current day events in the middle of that same timeline, since in both the X-men definitely HAVE existed at some point but appear to be gone or have gone underground?

**** now I'm really confused.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 08-10-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:17 PM #5
-

-

It has Fred though so I guess I have to watch it.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:20 AM #6
-

-

Quite enjoyed this actually, it reminded me of like Heroes back when Heroes was good.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:45 AM #7
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

i quite enjoyed a episode of this, and True Blood's Stephen Moyer in it

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

No.1 Fan of Queen Anastasia ''Nastia'' Stan!!!!!!
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 AM #8
-

-

It needs to change something up for me. I think it's well enough made and (most of) the acting is decent enough, but it doesn't really seem to be going anywhere?

Also finding it pretty funny that all of the promo stuff for this was about the two "new Mutant" kids and their family, being on the run etc... But the actual show so far has been entirely about the Mutant Underground (Polaris, Thunderbird, Blink etc. who are established comic book x-men/mutants) and the dad of the family (who isn't a Mutant). The kids are completely undeveloped side characters . The main protagonists thus far are definitely the dad and Lorna (Polaris) and then Eclipse and (to an extent) Thunderbird.

Also Polaris and the boy of the kids are amusingly overpowered surely... Polaris more understandable as (spoiler?) she's Magneto's biological daughter and has the same powers... But basically, those two could just go and crush "Sentinel Services" solo if they wanted .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
9pm, fox, gifted, marvel, tonight