Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Old 02-08-2016, 02:46 AM #26
he/him

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Haleigh
CBB20: Helen Lederer
he/him

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Haleigh
CBB20: Helen Lederer

Finished it in one sitting, not entirely sure what I just read but I think I enjoyed it (Even if it felt like something from archive of our own)

I ship the fuck out of Albus & Scorpio (Scorbus?).
Nick. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:59 AM #27
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):

Bought it and finished it within the space of a few hours.

Omfg Albus and Scorpius is going to reignite potter slash like never before. They are incredible together. Scorpius is an amazing character.

Spoiler:

I mean I just want more. JK says Harry's story is done now. Unacceptable.

Tbh I can totally see Voldermort and Bellatrix shagging or whatever they did. It would be dark, ****ed up and beyond comprehension whatever happened. Hell, Voldermort probably raped her and she'd have loved it and pretended she didn't to please him. Actually I can see Voldermort never knowing he had a child - I genuinely don't think it would interest him whatsoever, in fact he'd probably see it as a burden. I seriously think Bellatrix would have just kept it from him and if he did know, he'd never mention it, forever embroiled too far into his self interests to give it too much consideration. A child would weaken him, especially after what he perceived happened to him when he tried to kill Harry as a baby. A parent giving a child love - it's just completely against everything he ever stood for. Tbh Delphi would probably have been killed on sight. Pity that aspect of it all wasn't explored further.
The ****ing Trolly Lady, I SCREAMED

It was great to see the likes of Snape and Dumbledore and Minerva again. I think my main complaint throughout the whole thing is did it REALLY need to be a play? Really? Imagine it as a book. She could have gone to town with it - the plot is brilliant enough to be a book. Hell. It's good enough to be more than one. But I'm glad I read it. The nostalgia hits I got through it were just amazing.

Last edited by Rob!; 05-08-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Rob! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:12 AM #28
No filter

Favourites (more):

No filter

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Also. I ****ing adore Harry and Albus' relationship. I've always thought one of the things that makes Harry such an amazing and loveable character throughout all the books is how muggle like he is at times - it's what makes him so identifiable. And for him essentially not to get on with his son and for their relationship to be so strained is just so so normal, regardless of why.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:51 AM #29
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Just finished it, entertaining read though a bit silly at times. I think a good job was done with all the characters especially Albus and Scorpius, only bad one was Ron who they sorta ruined by making him completely irrelevant and solely intended for comic relief.

Spoiler:

The plot was clever at times but also a bit dumb. Time travel plots are always quite messy and hard to execute so they did a fairly good job of it but it was a bit off that the only thing that changed after their first visit was Hermione and Rons lives and Albus being in Gryffindor (which apparently had no impact on anything)

I guess its as close to a new Harry Potter as we're ever gonna get but I can't see it ever being remembered as 'the eighth story' or the final instalment, more as a bit of a gimmick whose popularity was quite short lived
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:59 AM #30
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

i remember when some writer wrote a story about harrys children and jk supported that and it had such popularity and right now nobody remembers that and this thing has the same fate.

I feel like Harry Potter was such a great book and it had a great affect on millions of people, it %100 made my childhood and for me it ended in 07.

But i hope you all enjoy it
Old 06-02-2017, 06:15 PM #31
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

After waiting more than a year, I went to watch the performance at the weekend.

It was a great. A really nice sequel that was enjoyable for a Harry Potter fan myself. The location was great and the theatre was lovely, I had balcony seats but was sat in the centre and could see perfectly well. Definitely worth the £15 for each part.

The story itself was portrayed with a lot of warmth. I loved Albus and Scorpius as characters, and as a Slytherin I was happy they represented two Slythern characters as genuinely good people idk if it comes across like this in the book, but Harry was quite unlikable throughout. A lot of the time the character would just shriek and shout; I thought there was still a sense of Harry to the character though, just not as likable or a person I rooted for like I did in the films (though this wasn't really the point anyway. Ron was fantastic, such an accurate portrayal of the character, much more than Rupert Grint playing Ron - who I find quite overrated, and after reading the books and watching the films I realised was the wrong person to play the character. Hermione was fine, her daughter was quite annoying though, ngl.

I went into the show already knowing

Spoiler:

That Delphi was the daughter of Bellatrix and Voldemort, was gutted when I came across it since I had done so well to avoid spoilers and that was the main one

I feel like I would've loved it even more had I not known, but the context of which she appeared. i.e:

Spoiler:

Contextualising Cedric and his father around the character's relevance was quite clever, and I liked the use of the time-changer. It's a simplistic plot device that made use of many characters in the Harry Potter world we wouldn't have seen otherwise

Yeah, the play was definitely was worth watching. Not of the same calibre of other books, like MTVN said the show is more of a gimmick than a genuine instalment, but heart-warming nonetheless.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
child, cursed, discussion, harry, potter, tomorrow