Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:16 PM #26
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abra View Post
I think the questions Farida asked about relationships and sexuality were fine and just her being curious and taking the opportunity to learn, but I thought she got too personal asking her about her genitalia. I don't understand why people think it's appropriate to ask trans people about that because it's really not anyone's business and you wouldn't normally bring that up in a conversation with anybody else, especially someone you have only known for two days.
But isn't the topic of genitalia something she was talking about openly anyway?
Old 10-10-2023, 11:20 PM #27

I think it's a case of generational difference in terms of understanding what is 'acceptable' to probe into. Farida is 50+ years old and will probably not be well versed in the language you can and cant use, and questions you can and can't ask. I don't think there was any malice at all behind it. I found it quite refreshing, and Hallie handled it perfectly.
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:10 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo View Post
She was genuinely curious and asked reasonable questions I think. Not everyone is educated on this topic. Farida's response in the garden was perfect.

Agreed

Halle was bitching to anyone and everyone about Farida’a questioning but when Farida approached her Halle suddenly changed her tune

Disliking Halle more and more as time goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:11 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis. View Post
I think it's a case of generational difference in terms of understanding what is 'acceptable' to probe into. Farida is 50+ years old and will probably not be well versed in the language you can and cant use, and questions you can and can't ask. I don't think there was any malice at all behind it. I found it quite refreshing, and Hallie handled it perfectly.

Have you seen Halle bitching to the others about Farida’a questions?

Old 11-10-2023, 12:14 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Have you seen Halle bitching to the others about Farida’a questions?

Agree, she handled the actual conversation with Farida perfectly - the bitching about it after not so much.
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 12:17 AM #31

Quote:
Agree, she handled the actual conversation with Farida perfectly - the bitching about it after not so much.

This ^^

Old 11-10-2023, 02:39 AM #32

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Hallie is reminding me of India Willoughby even down to the fact she mentioned 'designer vagina' . Anyone would thing Farida hurled abuse at her. Hallie will always be a ' biological man technically'. But she is a trans woman, and Farida respects her and has always seen her as a woman still. Nobody has misgendered her or anything .

There was nothing wrong with what Farida asked her, Hallie is too young to remember ... but if she thinks that's offensive, then maybe she should rewatch BB7 when she gets a chance .

At the end of the day most of them are tiptoeing around Hallie and there's some hypocrisy at play , even the ones jumping to her defence... they themselves probably are confused and have questions but they're staying quiet , plus everyone has a dating preference.

And we all know some of them wouldn't date a trans woman especially a pre op one , especially Paul who has been saying allsorts on social media apparently.

It just annoys me how everyone likes to take this moral high ground of "oh how dare she " , like they're perfect themselves . Seriously they need to stop the BS .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 11-10-2023 at 02:40 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 02:58 AM #33

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Perez Hilton
CBB 12: Lauren Harries

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Perez Hilton
CBB 12: Lauren Harries

If Hallie can’t be asked genuine questions without getting her back up, she is not a good representative of the trans community. She’s also two-faced. Haven’t liked her since day dot when she was blowing kisses to the camera. Phoney. Out, out, out.
thom_bombadil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 03:08 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom_bombadil View Post
If Hallie can’t be asked genuine questions without getting her back up, she is not a good representative of the trans community. She’s also two-faced. Haven’t liked her since day dot when she was blowing kisses to the camera. Phoney. Out, out, out.
Exactly

I hate how both her & Olivia run to other housemates to slag Farida off behind her back, if they have a problem... why don't they discuss it like adults.

2 faced for sure.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:37 AM #35

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Dylan
CBB19: Jedward

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Dylan
CBB19: Jedward

I think Farida should have really asked that kind of question in a more private situation - rather than when they were all stuck in one place & Hallie could not retreat away if she had needed to. I think Hallie showed a real maturity for an 18 year old. I'm not sure I could have handled that question that well at that age!
Nick_Trainer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 04:41 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom_bombadil View Post

Sad but true ( Metallica)

Old 11-10-2023, 04:44 AM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Hallie is reminding me of India Willoughby even down to the fact she mentioned 'designer vagina' . Anyone would thing Farida hurled abuse at her. Hallie will always be a ' biological man technically'. But she is a trans woman, and Farida respects her and has always seen her as a woman still. Nobody has misgendered her or anything .

There was nothing wrong with what Farida asked her, Hallie is too young to remember ... but if she thinks that's offensive, then maybe she should rewatch BB7 when she gets a chance .

At the end of the day most of them are tiptoeing around Hallie and there's some hypocrisy at play , even the ones jumping to her defence... they themselves probably are confused and have questions but they're staying quiet , plus everyone has a dating preference.

And we all know some of them wouldn't date a trans woman especially a pre op one , especially Paul who has been saying allsorts on social media apparently.

It just annoys me how everyone likes to take this moral high ground of "oh how dare she " , like they're perfect themselves . Seriously they need to stop the BS .

Agree totally

I’m also unsure about this subject

Was Halle correct in saying “ I am a woman “

Old 11-10-2023, 04:53 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Agree totally

I’m also unsure about this subject

Was Halle correct in saying “ I am a woman “

This is why it should be ' trans women are trans women'

The whole debate on this gets messy in society. But it's silly to say a biological woman and a trans woman is the same , when anyone with common sense ... knows this is false. But because people are scared they'll offend, they just go along with the narrative of not knowing what an actual woman is .
Old 11-10-2023, 06:06 AM #39
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abra View Post
I think the questions Farida asked about relationships and sexuality were fine and just her being curious and taking the opportunity to learn, but I thought she got too personal asking her about her genitalia. I don't understand why people think it's appropriate to ask trans people about that because it's really not anyone's business and you wouldn't normally bring that up in a conversation with anybody else, especially someone you have only known for two days.
…yeah, I think pretty much this for me also…Hallie is a trans woman, yes…but she’s also a young lady of 18 years old and being asked some very personal questions about her genitalia and trying to respond, which I think she also did very well….as much as it was natural for Farida to ask questions, it was also natural for Hallie to feel a bit upset or disappointed etc that to ask some of those questions, she was being considered as male…is I think how she was feeling…but herself being open about that with other housemates seemed to dissolve any upset very quickly….all in all a bit of a clumsy start and opening to a delicate subject….but all well intentioned from Farida and well responded to by Hallie….
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 06:14 AM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…yeah, I think pretty much this for me also…Hallie is a trans woman, yes…but she’s also a young lady of 18 years old and being asked some very personal questions about her genitalia and trying to respond, which I think she also did very well….as much as it was natural for Farida to ask questions, it was also natural for Hallie to feel a bit upset or disappointed etc that to ask some of those questions, she was being considered as male…is I think how she was feeling…but herself being open about that with other housemates seemed to dissolve any upset very quickly….all in all a bit of a clumsy start and opening to a delicate subject….but all well intentioned from Farida and well responded to by Hallie….
Farida only asked her what was already discussed the other day , it was Hallie who first mentioned private bits and how she hasn't had the full surgery yet.

Remember when Kerry bluntly asked her "how much will it cost" , funny how Hallie wasn't offended by that question... after saying she wants a 'designer one' .
Old 11-10-2023, 06:21 AM #41
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Farida only asked her what was already discussed the other day , it was Hallie who first mentioned private bits and how she hasn't had the full surgery yet.

Remember when Kerry bluntly asked her "how much will it cost" , funny how Hallie wasn't offended by that question... after saying she wants a 'designer one' .
…I think that it’s not a one size fits all thing, though…asking the cost of something, even something so intimate may have been quite blunt as you say, GH…but with Farida’s conversation, it was also that Hallie felt that she was being thought of as a male…
Old 11-10-2023, 06:48 AM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
…I think that it’s not a one size fits all thing, though…asking the cost of something, even something so intimate may have been quite blunt as you say, GH…but with Farida’s conversation, it was also that Hallie felt that she was being thought of as a male
Kerry was like "how much for a new fanny " , not exactly delicate in how she said it.

As for Farida, well technically Hallie is a 'biological male', she might not like that but there's no getting away from that, and truth of the matter is ... there will be straight blokes out there that will not feel comfortable dating a trans woman .

But Farida never actually called her a man, and she respects her pronouns . It was more about the biological side of it and the fact she hasn't had the full surgery yet.

I just think people get too hyper sensitive these days, especially around this topic. I think the only reason Farida felt that confortable with approaching Hallie that way in front of everyone was because Hallie had already talked about it, and said she's an 'open book'.

Sure Farida could have had this conversion as a 1 to 1 in private, but i think Hallie would have still been offended. And I think Hallie is a bit passive aggressive with how she dropped Farida in it.

Farida's personality is strong and i think people are intimidated by it, but i don't think she ever means to offend. It's like with the whole salmon situation and the whole kitchen and announcing the meeting thing . I think she's just misunderstood.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:12 AM #43

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Favourites (more):
IAC2018: Emily Atack

Quote:
Kerry was like "how much for a new fanny " , not exactly delicate in how she said it.
For an NHS manager from Essex that seems about right. No beating about the bush...
BBDodge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:20 AM #44

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Nick Leeson

She was genuinely curious. Hallie stated she was open, but didn't like the fact she was asked? As much as people don't want to believe it, a lot of people would be wanting to know the same things. Not everyone is "up to date" on all these things. You also need to remember older people and people from other cultures will not have been introduced to things like this.

I know it's not the same thing, as it was about drag, but remember how Courtney was completely willing to have hard hitting truthful conversations with her HMs when asked questions about things that others may not have been exposed to.

Last edited by *mazedsalv**; 11-10-2023 at 07:22 AM.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:26 AM #45
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

As for Farida, well technically Hallie is a 'biological male', she might not like that but there's no getting away from that, and truth of the matter is ... there will be straight blokes out there that will not feel comfortable dating a trans woman .

But Farida never actually called her a man, and she respects her pronouns . It was more about the biological side of it and the fact she hasn't had the full surgery yet.

I just think people get too hyper sensitive these days, especially around this topic. I think the only reason Farida felt that confortable with approaching Hallie that way in front of everyone was because Hallie had already talked about it, and said she's an 'open book'.

Sure Farida could have had this conversion as a 1 to 1 in private, but i think Hallie would have still been offended. And I think Hallie is a bit passive aggressive with how she dropped Farida in it.

Farida's personality is strong and i think people are intimidated by it, but i don't think she ever means to offend. It's like with the whole salmon situation and the whole kitchen and announcing the meeting thing . I think she's just misunderstood.
….there’s also I think, been a huge wave of negativity toward the trans community so I can understand some frustration at being thought of as male when she is in fact a trans female…and yes, she did say that she was open to questions, when she revealed it to the group, she said …if anyone has any questions, or something similar…it doesn’t mean though that she wasn’t unprepared though for the questions when they were posed with Farida…Hallie is only 18years old and beginning her adult life…and she’s obviously opening herself up to some very close public scrutiny….I didn’t find her passive aggressive at all, she may have been taken aback a bit …but she responded very well indeed…
Old 11-10-2023, 07:32 AM #46
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
She was genuinely curious. Hallie stated she was open, but didn't like the fact she was asked? As much as people don't want to believe it, a lot of people would be wanting to know the same things. Not everyone is "up to date" on all these things. You also need to remember older people and people from other cultures will not have been introduced to things like this.

I know it's not the same thing, as it was about drag, but remember how Courtney was completely willing to have hard hitting truthful conversations with her HMs when asked questions about things that others may not have been exposed to.
…yeah, I thought that Courtney was (is…)…a wonderful spokesperson in BB and there were aspects of Drag that she opened for me also, that I hadn’t thought of before…but it also has to be said that she’s been a spokesperson for around 20 years so very much used to many questions and posed in many situations as well…Hallie doesn’t have that experience (..yet…)…but that was all part of her journey and I think she did brilliantly in her responses ….
Old 11-10-2023, 07:37 AM #47
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I mean, I think that people can be genuinely curious and people can feel genuinely upset that they’ve gone through so much in their life but may still being thought of as someone they aren’t …those two things can happen in parallel…there isn’t any in the right or in the wrong….it’s all a learning curve for both….
Old 11-10-2023, 07:40 AM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
….there’s also I think, been a huge wave of negativity toward the trans community so I can understand some frustration at being thought of as male when she is in fact a trans female…and yes, she did say that she was open to questions, when she revealed it to the group, she said …if anyone has any questions, or something similar…it doesn’t mean though that she wasn’t unprepared though for the questions when they were posed with Farida…Hallie is only 18years old and beginning her adult life…and she’s obviously opening herself up to some very close public scrutiny….I didn’t find her passive aggressive at all, she may have been taken aback a bit …but she responded very well indeed…
Yeah I will agree Hallie's age plays a big part , like I said in the other thread ....it will be interesting to see what Hallie is like in 10 years or so , when she's had more experiences etc . After all She's still young ,and hasn't had many encounters under her belt .

I just wish things were less egg shelly, people have to realise Farida is from a different culture and background and entirely different age group. Even today's generation gets confused by stuff.

Farida has probably experienced all-sorts of prejudice when she was growing up, I think she just gets straight to the point. And you know something...if a housemate questioned her about her faith or background,I don't think she'd mind .
Old 11-10-2023, 07:44 AM #49
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
"well versed in the language you can and cant use"

says who?

you seem to abe alluding to some book of guidelines or a website or something?

can you elaborate what you actually mean?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:49 AM #50
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Yeah I will agree Hallie's age plays a big part , like I said in the other thread ....it will be interesting to see what Hallie is like in 10 years or so , when she's had more experiences etc . After all She's still young ,and hasn't had many encounters under her belt .

I just wish things were less egg shelly, people have to realise Farida is from a different culture and background and entirely different age group. Even today's generation gets confused by stuff.

Farida has probably experienced all-sorts of prejudice when she was growing up, I think she just gets straight to the point. And you know something...if a housemate questioned her about her faith or background,I don't think she'd mind .
….yeah, Farida has said that she hasn’t in any way felt suppressed or restricted in her life by her faith/culture …which is also often the labels placed on Muslim females…isn’t it so bad that we’ve all become labels in society to a large extent…but it would be interesting to know the 18yr old Farida’s thoughts on many things and prejudices and obstacles etc she may have faced…in comparison to the Farida of now, eh….?…this is just the beginning for Hallie of a huge life path …atm she seems on a good and open course though to try to help understanding and dismiss prejudice and ignorance etc….

…anyway, must go…have a great day, GH…🩷

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conversation, farida or hallie, trans