Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 21-09-2010, 06:20 PM #51
Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Adam

Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Adam

After playing the demo non-stop for a day or two, I must say, it is ****ing amazing. So much better than Fifa 10 it's unreal.

Also, I pre-ordered from Game and got a promo code for the Creation Centre beta so I can use it before the game is out, and omg it's brilliant. So much quicker, easier and more detailed than on consoles.

Last edited by Jayson; 21-09-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Jayson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2010, 02:58 PM #52

Just downloaded the demo for my 360 and I am very impressed with it so far, it feels so much more realistic and I like the extra little additions such as the start where the teams line up and shake hands, and the new default celebrations.

The only thing that is bugging me atm is the penalties, the accuracy and power bar aren't a problem but even if I edge the analog stick just slightly to the left/right it goes stupidly wide, I just can't seem to get the hang of it?

Oh and another thing, I hope the squads are fully up to date by the time it's released, Van dee Vaart is still at Madrid and Ibrahimovic is still at Barca on this, and I really, really hope they sort out the manager mode issues for Fifa 11, the only problem I had with 10 was that manager mode was so buggy that it was almost unplayable and it is my favourite mode on the game.

Will take a lot of getting used to but I think it's going to be amazing.
KG. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 02:13 PM #53

So I've been playing some more and got used to the penalty issue now, I really like the delayed run up added in too.

The only issue I'm having with the demo at the moment is the AI. Why does the AI not run for the ball or attempt to tackle at all? It's so frustrating, especially if you're so used to FIFA 10 where the CPU will run after a free ball, but no, not here, after you have to wait for your player to regain composure who has just been challenged, you have to manually switch the indicator the the nearest player and run after the ball yourself, by which time the other team has almost always reached it first. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it, but I thought they wanted to make this game feel even more like the real thing? What's real about having a free player who is yards from the free ball, just standing there like a bellend waiting for someone to tell him to run after it?

On another note, not particularly about the gameplay, but why have they only allowed 3 minute halves on the demo? Consider this game is more about build up play and passing than ever before and not being able to run at a defence and shoot within a couple of seconds, why have they given the shorted time possible to try things out? You're lucky to get aymore than 5 shots on target after all the build up play. Maybe that's just because I'm playing on WC/Legendary but it's really annoying me having to replay over and over just to try and get used to it.

Other than that, I'm still loving it and can't wait for it to be released. I just hope they don't keep loan playes at their original club for the first season.

EDIT: Also the runs that your computer team mates make aren't as 'clever' or realistic than in FIFA 10.

Last edited by KG.; 24-09-2010 at 02:55 PM.
KG. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
11, demo, fifa