Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:31 PM #1

Default Aaron bashing

First time poster,just thought I,d have to have my say....
Jeeeez the poor fella must be a serial killer or something?? Bank robber? At the very least he must put puppies into binbags and throw them in the canal??
I`ve watched every series of big brother and usually the winner or at least the finalists are the ones who I`ve liked all the way through,and the ones who I like the least are the ones who are seen as the "villians"...so I see myself as a bit of a good judge of the people who go in.
As for aaron he seems to be a nice lad,well brought up with good manners etc,quite funny at times,and good tv most of the times.Sure he sulks too much,and there`s times I cringe and say "come on aaron grow up",but on the whole I like him.
But to hear to some of the hatred towards him makes me think Im watching a different show,so over the top and totally out of order,he cant win he says something nice about someone (alex) and he`s playing a game,moan at someone for burping in his face,and he`s a vile creature,no matter what he does he cant win with some people.
I`m not sure If I want him or Alex to win,but the more some of these morons hate him for no real reason the more I want him to do well!!
hamcheese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:48 PM #2
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamcheese View Post
Jeeeez the poor fella must be a serial killer or something?? Bank robber? At the very least he must put puppies into binbags and throw them in the canal??
I`ve watched every series of big brother and usually the winner or at least the finalists are the ones who I`ve liked all the way through,and the ones who I like the least are the ones who are seen as the "villians"...so I see myself as a bit of a good judge of the people who go in.
As for aaron he seems to be a nice lad,well brought up with good manners etc,quite funny at times,and good tv most of the times.Sure he sulks too much,and there`s times I cringe and say "come on aaron grow up",but on the whole I like him.
But to hear to some of the hatred towards him makes me think Im watching a different show,so over the top and totally out of order,he cant win he says something nice about someone (alex) and he`s playing a game,moan at someone for burping in his face,and he`s a vile creature,no matter what he does he cant win with some people.
I`m not sure If I want him or Alex to win,but the more some of these morons hate him for no real reason the more I want him to do well!!
Brilliant first post.

Welcome.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:50 PM #3

My first post too and totally agree with everything you say.
madamepalmer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:53 PM #4
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I too love both him and Alex ,and totally agree with ALL you say ,welcome xx
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:54 PM #5

• mysteriously only allowing Jay fans into Friday's eviction - odd as Aaron beats him so must have more support
Apart from OK!TV Aaron has been targetted by
  • BB edits - cutting out his fun side.
  • BBBots propaganda
  • the crypt task ;
  • the friends and family nominations
  • and also puting Jem in (who had outsider knowlege and who also hated Aaron) to stir things up

Last edited by alex_front2; 02-11-2011 at 04:56 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:56 PM #6

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Apart from OK!TV Aaron has been targetted by
  • BB edits - cutting out his fun side.
  • BBBots propaganda
  • the crypt task ;
  • the friends and family nominations
  • and also puting Jem in (who had outsider knowlege and who also hated Aaron) to stir things up
He has been targetted a LOT from OKTV infact they are one of the worst.but Victor on BBBOTS seems to have backtracked a bit

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 PM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

We've managed to get Aaron topping the vote every time he's been up, and I'm confident we can do it again next week and make him our Winner. The more he is slated, (and now even his fans are being slated on BBBOTS and OK TV) the more determined the Aaron fans become. I'm sure that the last week will see some serious Aaron bashing in and out of the house. How sweet will it be to stick it to Channel 5 and, despite all their machinations, get the Winner WE want, not the one they want to foist on us?

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
We've managed to get Aaron topping the vote every time he's been up, and I'm confident we can do it again next week and make him our Winner. The more he is slated, (and now even his fans are being slated on BBBOTS and OK TV) the more determined the Aaron fans become. I'm sure that the last week will see some serious Aaron bashing in and out of the house. How sweet will it be to stick it to Channel 5 and, despite all their machinations, get the Winner WE want, not the one they want to foist on us?
I want him to win for his loyal fans,and to sicken BBBOT,Channel 5 producers and as a "up yours" vote for Faye and her horrid family
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 PM #9
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

I suppose if you compare the way Arron has been treated to the way Alex has been treated you could say he has recieved unfair treatment. He's not even had a task yet has he?
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Channel 5 are seriously rattled,post sent to me today(thanks to Jiegmaster)
I think the attitude of the likes of Jeff Brazier, Jamie East, Brian Dowling et al just goes to show just how rattled Channel 5 are about Aaron.

There is no doubt they are very worried he could win this show. And I am absolutely delighted about that.

Aaron fans have been experiencing the most biased and unfair edits I've seen for some time in BB and a series of twists that almost specifically seemed to be targeted at him (The Crypt task, the friends and family nominations) and to be unfairly provoking him (and only him) into getting angry/walking off the show/both.

Now the last incident with the nominations is a case in point. Yes Aaron *******ed up but the reality is BB edited out some very key comments he made which made a crucial difference to viewers perception of him. And sometimes the editing has been downright perverse - Aaron (and sometimes other HMs) have been cut off mid sentence, completely changing the meaning of what was being said.

I think what this all shows is that Channel 5 know they have been sussed. People are really starting to wake up to the manipulative way that they are editing the show and of course without Live Feed (again another issue they are sensitive about as they don't want to appear wrong on their decision not to have it) noone can tell exactly what is going on in there.

I think they are really annoyed that Aaron and his fans have challenged the system in a way that they did not expect. And they simply do not know how to stop it. As we get closer to the final, I expect them to get even more blunt. I think they will change from no mention of Aaron possibly winning to "yes he could win but only because his deluded followers are mass voting" - ie in a "fair" contest, he wouldn't win.

As an Aaron fan and BB follower of several years, I have never before felt so strongly about a HM needing to win a show. Yes - it is about shoving it to the BB producers, BBOTS, Brian Dowling, Jamie East, Jeff Brazier et al. Their hypocritical outrage p****es me off.

On a personal note, I have supported 2 HMs who I believe in 2 different ways were stitched up by the BB machine when they could have won - Rex and Freddie. And the thought of it happening again is making my blood boil. I am not backing down and it seems neither are many of his fans.

Although he has undoubtedly lost a bit of support over the past few days, I still think he can win this show and I would love him to do so. It would be the biggest raspberry to the BB establishment ever. And could I think incidentally have very positive effects for the show's future. The boring bland "safe" winners might become a thing of the past which I think could be very good news indeed.

Last edited by Kazanne; 02-11-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 PM #11
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
Channel 5 are seriously rattled,post sent to me today(thanks)
I think the attitude of the likes of Jeff Brazier, Jamie East, Brian Dowling et al just goes to show just how rattled Channel 5 are about Aaron.

There is no doubt they are very worried he could win this show. And I am absolutely delighted about that.

Aaron fans have been experiencing the most biased and unfair edits I've seen for some time in BB and a series of twists that almost specifically seemed to be targeted at him (The Crypt task, the friends and family nominations) and to be unfairly provoking him (and only him) into getting angry/walking off the show/both.

Now the last incident with the nominations is a case in point. Yes Aaron *******ed up but the reality is BB edited out some very key comments he made which made a crucial difference to viewers perception of him. And sometimes the editing has been downright perverse - Aaron (and sometimes other HMs) have been cut off mid sentence, completely changing the meaning of what was being said.

I think what this all shows is that Channel 5 know they have been sussed. People are really starting to wake up to the manipulative way that they are editing the show and of course without Live Feed (again another issue they are sensitive about as they don't want to appear wrong on their decision not to have it) noone can tell exactly what is going on in there.

I think they are really annoyed that Aaron and his fans have challenged the system in a way that they did not expect. And they simply do not know how to stop it. As we get closer to the final, I expect them to get even more blunt. I think they will change from no mention of Aaron possibly winning to "yes he could win but only because his deluded followers are mass voting" - ie in a "fair" contest, he wouldn't win.

As an Aaron fan and BB follower of several years, I have never before felt so strongly about a HM needing to win a show. Yes - it is about shoving it to the BB producers, BBOTS, Brian Dowling, Jamie East, Jeff Brazier et al. Their hypocritical outrage p****es me off.

On a personal note, I have supported 2 HMs who I believe in 2 different ways were stitched up by the BB machine when they could have won - Rex and Freddie. And the thought of it happening again is making my blood boil. I am not backing down and it seems neither are many of his fans.

Although he has undoubtedly lost a bit of support over the past few days, I still think he can win this show and I would love him to do so. It would be the biggest raspberry to the BB establishment ever. And could I think incidentally have very positive effects for the show's future. The boring bland "safe" winners might become a thing of the past which I think could be very good news indeed.
100% agree with you Kazanne.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 PM #12

Poor old Channel 5. They thought it would be so easy to manipulate the screening and voting to their ends this year with there being no live feed. It's just not worked out the way they planned has it? They have tried every nasty, devious, malicious trick in the book to discredit a decent guy whose only crime has been to be his own man and not to bow to peer pressure. That's why we all love him! It's not exactly rocket science.
You would think that Channel 5 would want someone a bit multidimensional to win this year and break a long standing tradition of pretty nondescript, boring and uninspiring winners of Channel 4's yesteryear. That was then, this is now and all that. It would gain them more respect and give a kick start to what had become an all too predictable format.
I stopped watching BB several years ago because it became so dull but tuned in to the first night of this one out of curiosity and immediately became hooked. The choice of housemates was interesting and it all got off to a great start. But the manipulation and scheming quickly became apparent and it's now degenerated into this.
I'll be glad when it's finished - and Aaron is pronounced rightful winner. It will be a victory for decency, dignified behaviour and integrity. Bring it on!
Objectivegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:43 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objectivegirl View Post
Poor old Channel 5. They thought it would be so easy to manipulate the screening and voting to their ends this year with there being no live feed. It's just not worked out the way they planned has it? They have tried every nasty, devious, malicious trick in the book to discredit a decent guy whose only crime has been to be his own man and not to bow to peer pressure. That's why we all love him! It's not exactly rocket science.
You would think that Channel 5 would want someone a bit multidimensional to win this year and break a long standing tradition of pretty nondescript, boring and uninspiring winners of Channel 4's yesteryear. That was then, this is now and all that. It would gain them more respect and give a kick start to what had become an all too predictable format.
I stopped watching BB several years ago because it became so dull but tuned in to the first night of this one out of curiosity and immediately became hooked. The choice of housemates was interesting and it all got off to a great start. But the manipulation and scheming quickly became apparent and it's now degenerated into this.
I'll be glad when it's finished - and Aaron is pronounced rightful winner. It will be a victory for decency, dignified behaviour and integrity. Bring it on!
Great post and your right about one thing, yesteryears winners can you name any because i can't the only HM i remember is Rex. There's proberly no live feed because it takes someone to long to sort the best bits out then they throw them in the bin and show us the rest.
connie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objectivegirl View Post
Brilliant post... .

Last edited by dyfed; 02-11-2011 at 08:52 PM.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM #15

Quote:
Channel 5 are seriously rattled,post sent to me today(thanks)

Kazanne,you have spoken for many of us and I thank you.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
Kazanne,you have spoken for many of us and I thank you.
The post sums up what Aaron fans think,I cannot take credit for the post,but so glad I was sent it,it is so spot on.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 PM #17

Quote:
Channel 5 are seriously rattled,post sent to me today(thanks to Jiegmaster)

That is a brilliant post Kazanne. The way Jeff Brazier keeps knocking Aaron annoys me and makes want to pick up the phone next week for him to win. Like him or not, Aaron is a brilliant HM and BB would not be the same without his contributions. I think the way 'spineless' Tom treats him is a disgrace but I love the way Aaron keeps his dignity and rises above Tom's snidy remarks. I can't see why Alex deserves to win but I certainly can with Aaron.
muchadoaboutnothing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM #18

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Chris

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BB15: Chris

Brilliant first post OP, totally agree with you.
Videostar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:02 PM #19
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph

Welcome to the forum! Very much agree with you, I really don't understand why everyone's being so unfair to him. He's a decent guy and doesn't deserve all the abuse he's getting.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Aaron winning BB this year would be the best thing ever for the show. It would show a new direction and send a clear message to Channel 5 that the viewers will decide who wins the show, not them. I cannot for the life of me understand why they are so anti-Aaron - he must have made them a lot of money these past few weeks, and kept the viewing figures high.

Considering he was the oldest contestant (apart from Jemma) he has gained a huge fan base that does not fit any specific demographic - he truly is the everyman HM. I hope that next year (if there is another BB), they heed the viewers and put in a more varied age group. Considering he started out with the huge disadvantage of being a grown up in a houseful of children, most of whom wanted him out early on, including his so called love interest, Faye, he has done fantastically well to hang on to his early popularity, and in fact has built on it week in, week out with every fresh obstacle Channel 5 put in his way.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:07 PM #21
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Paul Danan

He is a good housemate but he deserves most of it
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:20 PM #22

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary

Quote:
Superb post and welcome to the forums : )

Kazanne - 100% chuffed with that post - Freddie was a big favourite until he was assassinated - couldnt agree more
Old 02-11-2011, 05:21 PM #23

Aaron gets a fair amount of stick, but he also gets the most attention. Good or Bad. There's been heaps of negative stuff about Anton & Jay over the weeks, as well. At the end of the day, he's at 54.9% popularity on the polls, and killing it, so he has way more support here than anyone else (Alex 19.1%).
psychtracker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:24 PM #24
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G

He's a big character, he gets most of the air time, it's likely that he's going to divide opinion. I don't understand why people get so wound up when he gets criticised, he is quite a controversial figure and won't be everyone's cup of tea, and besides his huge popularity basically outweighs all the stick that he gets. It happens to everyone's favourite, you've just got to take it on the chin
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:31 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
He's a big character, he gets most of the air time, it's likely that he's going to divide opinion. I don't understand why people get so wound up when he gets criticised, he is quite a controversial figure and won't be everyone's cup of tea, and besides his huge popularity basically outweighs all the stick that he gets. It happens to everyone's favourite, you've just got to take it on the chin
I dont mind people saying they dont like him MTVN,I just dont see the need for the snide digs and name calling its petty and childish from so called TV presenters,If I was part of his family I would be mortified by some of the things said about him.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aaron, bashing