Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
BB12: Aaron

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
BB12: Aaron
Default One thing we ALL have in common is ..

We ALL love this show. Everyone in here loves Big Brother despite our differences over the choice of housemate.

The question is are we getting what we want? I don't think any of us truly think so, although this time round I believe we are definitely at a turning point for better or worse. I really believe we have the power to shape where Big Brother goes in the future but it depends on the outcome tonight.

This isn't an appeal for Aaron despite the fact he is my favourite, it is an appeal for change. Personally I cannot bear the thought of another Josie, another Sophie, another Rachel ...

Let's have someone who doesn't fit into the bloody mould.

Alex has been a great housemate no doubt about it. She has certainly made me laugh more than once but do you really want her to win? If Aaron is not destined to win I'd rather Jay won it than her if only for a change from the usual. And that's saying something from someone who really doesn't like Jay.

Anyway and realistically I don't think Jay could beat Aaron let alone Alex but the choice as ever is ours and we will find out soon enough.

Just a thought.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM #2
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

I don't want Alex to win, but if she wins she wins, it's not going to bother me much
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker View Post
We ALL love this show. Everyone in here loves Big Brother despite our differences over the choice of housemate.

The question is are we getting what we want? I don't think any of us truly think so, although this time round I believe we are definitely at a turning point for better or worse. I really believe we have the power to shape where Big Brother goes in the future but it depends on the outcome tonight.

This isn't an appeal for Aaron despite the fact he is my favourite, it is an appeal for change. Personally I cannot bear the thought of another Josie, another Sophie, another Rachel ...

Let's have someone who doesn't fit into the bloody mould.

Alex has been a great housemate no doubt about it. She has certainly made me laugh more than once but do you really want her to win? If Aaron is not destined to win I'd rather Jay won it than her if only for a change from the usual. And that's saying something from someone who really doesn't like Jay.

Anyway and realistically I don't think Jay could beat Aaron let alone Alex but the choice as ever is ours and we will find out soon enough.

Just a thought.
I've been thinking along the same lines since Aaron revealed he lied in his VT, pretending to be really arrogant, etc. and duped the producers into letting him in. This shows the type of housemate the producers think the fans want, whereas if Aaron wins it'll show them the type of housemate fans really want.
Mumbles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:59 PM #4
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
I've been thinking along the same lines since Aaron revealed he lied in his VT, pretending to be really arrogant, etc. and duped the producers into letting him in. This shows the type of housemate the producers think the fans want, whereas if Aaron wins it'll show them the type of housemate fans really want.
I'm yet to see an audition tape that matches up to the person. If Aaron had been honest, he'd have never got on the show - just like most of them there.

Alex is completely calculating, it doesn't make her a bad person or unlikable, but she's played a blinder, with the help of BBOTS not showing her videos and other factual information about her. All power to her if she wins.

Louise doesn't talk about appearing in films and releasing singles, all in order to compound this "dead nermahl" persona she's created for herself.

Jay - well the less said about this vile man the better. He said he'd never even watched the show before appearing on it, and has omitted his constant pursuit of zelebrity status through Geordie shore/Katie Price, Again, none of this has been mentioned on any of the shows. Has consistently had his worst bits protected from the general public.

So everyone plays a game to some degree, but it's only insinuated that Aaron plays one.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:12 PM #5
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

BBUK will never be big again with this format, it needs a drastic change, and I really do think at some point its gonna have to go all BBUS on our arse. WHICH looks for entirely different winners - strategists.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 PM #6
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
BBUK will never be big again with this format, it needs a drastic change, and I really do think at some point its gonna have to go all BBUS on our arse. WHICH looks for entirely different winners - strategists.
I cant see BBUK going like BBUS.

They wont make much cash that way though will they? I havent watched BBUS before(though its on my todo list once I finish watching BB8) but from what I have heard, they dont have a public vote?

And people wont pay big ad fees if the viewing figures are low...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 11-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 PM #7
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I cant see BBUK going like BBUS.

They wont make much cash that way though will they? I havent watched BBUS before(though its on my todo list once I finish watching BB8) but from what I have heard, they dont have a public vote?

And people wont pay big ad fees if the viewing figures are low...
They could build in a public vote somehow. Perhaps 2 people win the HoH competition and the public decide who takes HoH that week, or the public choose who to veto from the nominations.

Its really good I think youll enjoy. There is a heavy focus on gameplay which Id hope if we did a version there would not be as much, maybe 50:50. But its entirely different and much more a game.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:15 PM #8
rk3388

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
CBBUSA: Metta World Peace
rk3388

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Rachel Johnson
CBBUSA: Metta World Peace

it needs to not be a fix. they need to show the most entertaining parts
NOT stay on a storyline ( Aaron ) like this year.

CBBUS1: Metta/Omarosa/James/Ariadna
CBBUS2: Tom, Jonathan, Tamar, Lolo, Natalie
rk3388 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
common, thing