Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-10-2012, 12:51 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default 900 die from unnecessary blood clots

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19888820

Ive been banging on about this for years and I am utterly furious

In 2010, 900 people in Wales died due to blood clots they had developed in hospital, more than the deaths due to breast cancer, MRSA and HIV combined.

this means 1) it was allowed to develop without being properly checked 2) it was not detected and treated with wafrin, therefore the patient died from the clot

this is unacceptable 1000%

the main problem lies in the fact it is way too difficult to access the scanner, (its called a dopler ) to test for blood clots. the scanners are closed at weekends and after 5pm in most areas

so sometimes they give u a blood test to shut u up...a blood test does not reveal if u have a clot so thats a disgrace

also there are mobile scanners that can allow staff to test for clots in peoples homes or in mobile nhs portacabins, however that is not done.
the scan itself takes about 3 minutes. THREE MINUTES TO SAVE A LIFE

even in hospital the clots are allowed to develop, the socks are not put on properly and the clots are not detected , why?
The findings were welcomed by Dr Simon Noble, medical director for Wales for Lifeblood: The Thrombosis Charity.

He said the figure of 900 preventable deaths was "likely to be an underestimate" because "we are often very poor at picking up blood clots as a cause of death".
Dr Noble declined to put a figure on the number of preventable hospital-acquired thrombosis deaths in Wales but said a 2005 Commons report which estimated there were 25,000 across the UK annually suggested Wales' element of that statistic would be around 1,700.

'Devastating condition'

He added: "Patients go in to hospital to be cured. They don't go in to hospital and expect to pick up a life-threatening condition."

The assembly's health committee says 70% of deaths from clots acquired in hospitals could be prevented had proper preventative measures been in place.

yet we dont even discuss it? this is a systematic disaster, everyone is part guilty and it must be addressed. I personally feel so strongly I am currently investigating how much the mobile equipment would cost and how much it would cost to employ people to utilise the equipment as a potential business venture in mid wales.

This is just 1 example of patient neglect that is in effect killing people off in NHS hospitals, this is a bigger story than any other in this country this year!
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 12:59 PM #2
User banned

User banned

nobody cares about over 25000 innocent people dying unnecessarily from blood clots in the UK in a year? yet you all talk baout trivial drivel like frankie boyle for days on end? wheres your priorities?
Old 19-10-2012, 06:45 PM #3
User banned

User banned

interesting to see the fascist liberal agenda here, thousands die unnecessarily in hospitals and no one gives a damn, shame on you all
Old 19-10-2012, 06:48 PM #4
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Give people a chance as this is the first time i've saw this thread.

Anyway I will say this time and time again, after what happened to my Grandad I will never be surprised at the NHS being unable to stop blood clots or stop anything, the NHS just aren't good enough and it needs to be improved dramatically as only one Doctor told us what my Grandad died of while the others was coming up with a fake reason for why he died.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 19-10-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 03:28 PM #5
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
Give people a chance as this is the first time i've saw this thread.

Anyway I will say this time and time again, after what happened to my Grandad I will never be surprised at the NHS being unable to stop blood clots or stop anything, the NHS just aren't good enough and it needs to be improved dramatically as only one Doctor told us what my Grandad died of while the others was coming up with a fake reason for why he died.
this has been on several days and its been totally ignored a minimum 25000 peope are picking up clots in hospitals through the incompetence of staff and theyre not even testing for clots let alone treating them. this is mass murder by any other name. anyone can get a clot it could happen to any of us any time. I GENUINELY want everyone to realise the danger of this. if u ever had swollen feet etc DEMAND proper scan to test for a clot, do NOT accept a blood test it proves nothing, RAISE AWARENESS OR THOUSANDS MORE WILL DIE INCLUDING FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Old 25-10-2012, 04:28 PM #6
User banned

User banned

this is a vastly bigger scandal than the jimmy saville case and the catholic church abuse combined, yet you choose to ignore it...shameful....all because you let the tabloids do your thinking for you.....25,000+ innocents dying from unecessary blood clots each year in nhs wards due to nursing incompetence....next time it could be your mother, your dad, your child or YOU

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
900, blood, clots, die, unnecessary