Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-10-2012, 09:32 AM #1

Default austerity measures - please protest in london

austerity measures protest - please protest even if you disagree with my style 20.10.12

no this is not wrong,
its all above board and legal,
because instead of the government scrutinizing us,
on our anger they can keep a eye that's eagle.
i hope there is trouble,
and on a mass scale,
the conservatives just want to punish,
not a good time to mention George Osborne on rail.
they are arrogant and disgraceful,
Andrew Lansley today did permanently strike,
yet again more proof,
this is due to the incident with his bike.
if anyone reads this,
i would beg you to protest,
this is your opportunity,
to clear your anger from your chest.
go and march please,
i will send my poem and publicize,
yes i will be there,
because protesting in person beats a riddle exercise.

( hello everyone on this forum. as you can see i have done one more strange poem. this is all about the march that is taking place today. 20.10.12 in London. i would erge everyone to turn up because the more people we have the more power we have. it is not right or in anyway correct what the conservative party are doing and we have to tell them and stop this in the only way we can - in numbers. i will be reading some of my poetry with a loud speaker in central London today JOKE. can not wait to see how it is portrayed on the news tonight.does anyone disagree with us protesting ? does anyone think this government is doing good for the normal person ? if so please tell me and explain.yes i sent my poem to the con party first - as i wanted to have the first dig. )
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 09:36 AM #2

NO
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 09:45 AM #3

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Why not write poems about the GOOD stuff this government is doing ,(Unemployment is actually down)it's there if you care to look,hell ,no I wont be protesting,it's time people stopped spitting their dummies out and get on with helping to get this country on it's feet again,we are getting there slowly,

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 10:01 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
Why not write poems about the GOOD stuff this government is doing ,(Unemployment is actually down)it's there if you care to look,hell ,no I wont be protesting,it's time people stopped spitting their dummies out and get on with helping to get this country on it's feet again,we are getting there slowly,

I agree
Old 20-10-2012, 10:20 AM #5
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
NO
Quote:
Couldn't agree more with both these posts.

There's an awful lot I disagree with regarding the current Government - same when it was Labour.

Too many moaners - usually coming from the ones who don't actually doa great deal to help get the feet back on it's feet again. Times are tough all over, that's the way it is.

OP - if you want this kind of thing: nip over to Athens and see how you enjoy peaceful protests when go very wrong. - then realise the damage caused, the cost of having to police such protests, additional costs to the NHS via ambulance crews, A&E having to deal with the injuries etc. ......
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 11:02 AM #6
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Yeah, all while there's tax cuts for millionaires as those at the bottom are forced into choosing between eating and heating, struggling to make ends meet and those on welfare are lambasted by the government and media for a problem that they didn't create. Congratulations for lapping it up and falling for the spin.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 10:33 AM #7
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

protesting does not work,but neither does voteing!.
i dont like being spood fed bullsh*t,
why is the goverment letting the energy companies put the prices up just before winter?
let them put them up in summer and lower them in winter!.
the poorest people will sit in there council house when its to cold to sleep!
i cant see any mp's being cold this winter.

Last edited by thesheriff443; 20-10-2012 at 06:13 PM.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 09:42 PM #8

thank you jack - i feel a love of my life poem just for you jack.
Old 20-10-2012, 10:10 PM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

I wouldn't join the protesters,although I admire people who do make some effort to point out how wrong some of the measures put in place by this Govt are.
I believe some austerity measures are necessary but I would prefer to see the strongest and richest and also the Banks in particular getting the same sledgehammer treatment that the weakest,poorest and most vulnerable have had taken to them.

A big store near me has proudly boasted that it has taken on 10 more staff this last 4 months,which sounds wonderful and a start, until I learned from some of the staff that the 90 staff they already employ have had their hours cut from 37 guranteed a week to 33 guaranteed now, which in effect means the 10 staff taken on at 33 hours a week have gained a job but the staff already employed there for years have lost 4 hours income per week each.
It also means the Store has gained 30 hours less of wages to pay each week too.

While it is true that the 90 staff have held most of their hours and therefore remain employed, it is at a financial loss to them.
The employment figures too,also now contain more people in part time jobs than at any time in employment history.
That is how the unemployment figures are seemingly falling not because of economic successes.

The Govt had hard choices to make and I largely supported them but it is the great lack of compassion I have learned as to the cuts against the weakest and even the most vulnerable in society which leaves me cold I am afraid.
It is also why the Protesters will be totally ignored by the Govt,both parties of the Coalition.
It is why, especially after all the even more unfair and heartless policies come into effect through 2013 and 2014, that this lot will be well and truly sent packing by the voters in 2015.
However, what a very weak choice there is as to the only likely alternative.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 10:25 PM #10

Dork Labour leader Miliband

Was Booo'd at the rally.
Old 20-10-2012, 10:30 PM #11
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Was Booo'd at the rally.
I think that will actually be of benefit to him and do him some good though, it doesn't fit with the charge he is in the Unions pockets if he gets booed when he makes a point as to any likely policy he may do and most of them don't like what they hear.
He said he too would have to be making some cuts, the protesters don't want any and that is really impossible.
Old 20-10-2012, 10:40 PM #12
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:

Was Booo'd at the rally.
Good, the Unions should have nothing to do with Labour
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 10:36 PM #13

Starve the poor
they'll die
faster
Old 20-10-2012, 10:41 PM #14
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Starve the poor
they'll die
faster
Actually,that is possibly going to happen in the UK with the way some of this Govts austerity measures and cuts are going to hit the most vulnerable.
It is why I cannot now support the measures they are doing,the way they are implementing them.

(By the way Lostalex, welcome back,good to see you posting again).
Old 20-10-2012, 10:45 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
(By the way Lostalex, welcome back,good to see you posting again).
muchos gracias mi amor.
Old 20-10-2012, 10:36 PM #16

yay! I did poetry

did you see what i did there? cause "faster" at the end, refers to capitalism moving at faster and faster speeds, always moving, always pushing forward as fast as possible, like a car out of control. But also "faster" like a person who is fasting, not eating, like the starving people who have nothing and who will be run over by the out of control car.

that was clever, right?

Last edited by lostalex; 20-10-2012 at 10:43 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 02:47 PM #17

and while we continue to let them dictate the the poorest pay the most of the debt - the bigger measures there will be. if we all go on the street and continually say we are not happy they will have to look into the sytem an make changes and that would in-turn stop them getting all there exspences paid - there 11 weeks holiday etc etc second houses and how about a massive cut in there pay ? i dont no about you lot but i am sickened by the MPS wages as i dont feel they are serving any of us as the laws they pass go aginst the working hard - this needs to be nipped in the bud but it won't as people can not understand politics and show no interest and that is why it gets harder and harder for the ones at the bottom while the educated on good wages keep voting the conseratives who inturn look after them by intoducing tax breaks and making them pay the lowest in tax with all there accountants they no all the tricks - ITS PURE CORRUPTION. and daivid C is aware of all what goes on. shame on him.
Old 21-10-2012, 03:20 PM #18
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhog View Post
and while we continue to let them dictate the the poorest pay the most of the debt -

the bigger measures there will be. if we all go on the street and continually say we are not happy they will have to look into the sytem an make changes and that would in-turn stop them getting all there exspences paid - there 11 weeks holiday etc etc second houses and how about a massive cut in there pay ? i dont no about you lot but i am sickened by the MPS wages as i dont feel they are serving any of us as the laws they pass go aginst the working hard - this needs to be nipped in the bud but it won't as people can not understand politics and show no interest and that is why it gets harder and harder for the ones at the bottom while the educated on good wages keep voting the conseratives who inturn look after them by intoducing tax breaks and making them pay the lowest in tax with all there accountants they no all the tricks - ITS PURE CORRUPTION. and daivid C is aware of all what goes on. shame on him.
the poorest pay most of the debt?

Really.!! Good god.. you really need to get in touch with reality.

The poorest don't tend to have their own mortgages to ensure they keep a roof over their heads (and the don't have the comfort of being able to rely on the Government to pay for their social housing during lean times). Those with mortgages receive very little help (if at all)..... and are expected to pay additional premiums to 'protect themselves' in times of hardship such as being unexpected long term illnesses, losing jobs etc. Even if they are struggling on basic salaries.

the Poorest receive free dental treatment which isn't available to those working ...even those who are really struggling to get by on the basic min wages, but still they are not allowed free dental treatment.

So quit with the sob story here... please!

I make no bones about this..... the very low (unbelievably low) payments that are made to those in genuine times of hardship are a joke - an absolute joke ...... but thanks to those types who bleed the system dry (yer every con man who knows every trick in the book, the asylum seekers that know more about benefits that our own countryfolk, and MP's etc who are claim for every goddam thing - including those rescinding on what they agreed etc).......

Please... give it a rest about the poor.

If you want to see poor.... go take a trip to Kenya, Ethiopia, better than that, have a look at where ever you live and it's your local city centre.

Ever done any voluntary work for the homeless? I have, I do and have done for years. That opens up your eyes a whole lot..... Does it make me feel good? Not one bit, it makes me sick when I realise the crap that I find time to moan about in my own life. I see these poor forgotten souls - who are POOR - and many through real ****ty circumstances.... People who literally have not a penny to their name, no homes, no food, no every night shelter, no warmth, no hot water, no comfort... sweet FA ...... get your act together when you refer to 'the poor'.

Some people really need to look outside their own little priviledged boxes and start to try to even begin to comprehend what the word 'poor' means.

Living off the state, in a warm house, with water, electricity, gas, food, comfort, tv, internet, mobile phones is not POOR. It's called going through hard times... something that hits many of us and we get through it thanks to the government doing all they can to ensure we dont' end up on the streets. Get yourself a mortage: then that's when it all goes tits up if it all comes crashing down.

Time people woke up.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 21-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 05:40 PM #19
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
the poorest pay most of the debt?

Really.!! Good god.. you really need to get in touch with reality.

The poorest don't tend to have their own mortgages to ensure they keep a roof over their heads (and the don't have the comfort of being able to rely on the Government to pay for their social housing during lean times). Those with mortgages receive very little help (if at all)..... and are expected to pay additional premiums to 'protect themselves' in times of hardship such as being unexpected long term illnesses, losing jobs etc. Even if they are struggling on basic salaries.

the Poorest receive free dental treatment which isn't available to those working ...even those who are really struggling to get by on the basic min wages, but still they are not allowed free dental treatment.

So quit with the sob story here... please!

I make no bones about this..... the very low (unbelievably low) payments that are made to those in genuine times of hardship are a joke - an absolute joke ...... but thanks to those types who bleed the system dry (yer every con man who knows every trick in the book, the asylum seekers that know more about benefits that our own countryfolk, and MP's etc who are claim for every goddam thing - including those rescinding on what they agreed etc).......

Please... give it a rest about the poor.

If you want to see poor.... go take a trip to Kenya, Ethiopia, better than that, have a look at where ever you live and it's your local city centre.

Ever done any voluntary work for the homeless? I have, I do and have done for years. That opens up your eyes a whole lot..... Does it make me feel good? Not one bit, it makes me sick when I realise the crap that I find time to moan about in my own life. I see these poor forgotten souls - who are POOR - and many through real ****ty circumstances.... People who literally have not a penny to their name, no homes, no food, no every night shelter, no warmth, no hot water, no comfort... sweet FA ...... get your act together when you refer to 'the poor'.

Some people really need to look outside their own little priviledged boxes and start to try to even begin to comprehend what the word 'poor' means.

Living off the state, in a warm house, with water, electricity, gas, food, comfort, tv, internet, mobile phones is not POOR. It's called going through hard times... something that hits many of us and we get through it thanks to the government doing all they can to ensure we dont' end up on the streets. Get yourself a mortage: then that's when it all goes tits up if it all comes crashing down.

Time people woke up
So just because we are not as poor as the African countries means that we can't complain when the ***** in charge of this country target the poor, target the disabled, and target anyone that isn't Upper Class.

Then don't forget the other stuff that the twats have messed up even bigger than Labour even could like sacking a load of Police Officers.

I'm a sick bitch.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 22-10-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 06:05 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
So just because we are not as poor as the African countries means that we can't complain when the ***** in charge of this country target the poor, target the disabled, and target anyone that isn't Upper Class.

Then don't forget the other stuff that the twats have messed up even bigger than Labour even could like sacking a load of Police Officers.
They just blame that on the previous goverment like they always have done it gets so tiresome.
The global recession is labours fault according to the torys.

Last edited by billy123; 22-10-2012 at 06:06 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:50 AM #21
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
They just blame that on the previous goverment like they always have done it gets so tiresome.
The global recession is labours fault according to the torys.
labour were a disaster too lets face it. they were way too close to bush, that was their biggest downfall
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:48 AM #22
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post

hopefully this government will at leas ensure the benefits go to the sick, disabled and elderly care

the other scroungers should get nothing if theyre healthy enough to work
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 02:07 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
hopefully this government will at leas ensure the benefits go to the sick, disabled and elderly care

But tbf it's hard to get a job as millions are unemployed, im not saying that some aren't just lazy bastards hoping to live off the benefits for the rest of there lives but not all are like that.

I'm a sick bitch.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 23-10-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 02:14 AM #24
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post

This almost sounds as if you are saying everyone who is unlucky enough to be unemployed at the moment (who is not sick) is a scrounger. A bit of an odd statement considering how many firms are laying people off, and how many big companies are closing down.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 03:09 PM #25
Sod orf

Sod orf

get of our streets you soap dodgers
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
austerity, london, measures, protest