Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-03-2017, 02:25 AM #1
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Default Sia debuts a fresh look

Quote:
Thanks to her face-shielding black-and-blond wig, it’s almost impossible to not recognize Sia when she walks a red carpet or makes a TV appearance. But when the wig comes off and the sweats go on, it’s a different story. Sia was photographed heading in to L.A.X. on Thursday morning looking very unlike the Sia she usually presents to the public. She showed off her natural blond hair and opted for a nude-colored Kenzo sweatsuit and white sneakers. She probably could have gone undetected if it weren’t for the swarm of photographers blowing her cover.

Since debuting her wig in 2014 to coincide with her album 1000 Forms of Fear, Sia has rarely shown her whole face to the public (though sometimes nature takes things into its own hands). She told James Corden during her “Carpool Karaoke” appearance in February 2016 that she only wears the wig when there are cameras around, adding, “I only wear this to try and maintain a modicum of privacy.”

In April 2014, The New York Times dubbed Sia the “Socially Phobic Pop Star.” She discussed her discomfort with fame, saying, “Once, as my friend was telling me they had cancer, someone came up and asked, in the middle of the conversation, if they could take a photograph with me.” She withdrew from her tour and promotional obligations in 2010 and decided to write for other pop stars like Beyoncé and Shakira, staying behind the scenes until her breakout in 2014. The article features an illustration of Sia, noting that she “refused to pose for a photograph” and that she had recently posed for the cover of Billboard with a paper bag on her head.

Since then Sia has almost constantly worn her wig for public appearances. She does seem comfortable (occasionally) leaving it behind, though.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017...t-style-no-wig
Serving youth

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 02:59 AM #2
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

She is a great singer and song writer, I think the fame story is a crap and has some issues regarding her looks,
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 03:57 AM #3

The oversized wig hiding her extensive plastic surgery?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 06:06 AM #4
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
She is a great singer and song writer, I think the fame story is a crap and has some issues regarding her looks,
she's battled graves disease, it was pretty much about hiding her looks
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
debuts, fresh, sia