Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-04-2024, 06:13 PM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades quits social media after family member ‘murdered’…

Jay Blades has announced that he’s stepping away from social media to focus on his mental health after a member of his family was murdered.

The Repair Shop presenter, 54, opened up about how his uncle’s tragic death had affected him after attending his funeral on Monday (29 April).

In a video post, Blades told his 193,000 followers the incident had left him feeling “messed up” and he needed time to “get some therapy”.

Speaking to the camera in his trademark flat cap and a dark suit, Blades said: “I’ve just been to my uncle’s funeral, he was murdered a few weeks ago.

“Really, super nice guy, shouldn’t have happened to him,” the presenter added. “But it really affected me… I feel a little bit messed up.”

Blades revealed his plans to get professional mental health support. He added: “When things happen, sometimes you need to take stock and just relax.”

The Repair Shop presenter reassured fans he’d be back online soon, urging his followers to “take care of each other” and “take care of yourself” in the interim.

BBC Breakfast presenter Louise Minchin showed Blades her support in the comment section of his post, writing: “I’m so sorry to hear this, sending you love.”

5News presenter Claudia-Liza Vanderpuije also commented on the video advising Blades to “look after” himself, adding she was “so sorry” for his loss.

The Independent has contacted a representative of Jay Blades for further comment.

Two years before joining The Repair Shop, Blades suffered a mental health breakdown after separating from his wife Jade and struggling to keep their joint charity afloat in 2015.

Speaking on the Dish podcast last month, Blades revealed: “Everything flopped for me. The business, the relationship, everything.”

The presenter detailed how he’d driven along the M40 motorway “looking for a bridge to crash into” but when he ran out of petrol he pulled into a retail park and later checked into a hotel.

During the incident, Blades was almost sectioned under the Mental Health Act. “I got my shower gel, came back to the room and there were five people waiting for me,” he told the podcast.

“There was a psychiatric nurse, I think two of them, another really stern major and two police officers.”

After the nurses had spoken to Blades and decided he wasn’t “a harm” to himself, they allowed him to leave accompanied by a friend.

“I sobbed. Proper, shoulder-heaving, gut-wrenching, inconsolable sobs,” Blades told the Mirror. “Everything poured out. I bawled and howled.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2537260.html
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2024, 06:15 PM #2
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Old 30-04-2024, 06:48 PM #3
Right Flower

Right Flower

his uncle

to focus on his mental health

“get some therapy”.

“But it really affected meI feel a little bit messed up.”

BBC Breakfast presenter Louise Minchin showed Blades her support in the comment section of his post, writing: “I’m so sorry to hear this, sending you love.”

5News presenter Claudia-Liza Vanderpuije also commented on the video advising Blades to “look after” himself, adding she was “so sorry” for his loss

Blades suffered a mental health breakdown after separating from his wife

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 30-04-2024 at 06:49 PM.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2024, 09:53 PM #4
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

yes terrible but he has made it all about himself

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 05:43 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I guess for me, it was fine/appropriate for him to be explaining in the way he did because he was directly talking to his 193,000 who are following him and the aspects of his life…so he was exposing his hiatus from social media …I also understand that the impact of his uncle being killed in terms of his own well-being and mental health is something he’ll probably be processing and in the midst of that…he may never talk about so many personal things or he may do in time…but he’s taking a break because atm he’s stepping back into his own private and personal time …so it’s all by way of announcing that and in itself that would be a personal ‘me’ announcement…he’s opening up a level of vulnerable honesty, I felt…anyways, I wish him well in what is obviously a very difficult time for him and his family…..
Old 01-05-2024, 07:36 AM #6
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I guess for me, it was fine/appropriate for him to be explaining in the way he did because he was directly talking to his 193,000 who are following him and the aspects of his life…so he was exposing his hiatus from social media …I also understand that the impact of his uncle being killed in terms of his own well-being and mental health is something he’ll probably be processing and in the midst of that…he may never talk about so many personal things or he may do in time…but he’s taking a break because atm he’s stepping back into his own private and personal time …so it’s all by way of announcing that and in itself that would be a personal ‘me’ announcement…he’s opening up a level of vulnerable honesty, I felt…anyways, I wish him well in what is obviously a very difficult time for him and his family…..
I fully agree
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2024, 11:19 PM #7
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Tbf to the guy, it's a traumatic experience losing a family member, thankfully (touchwood) I haven't lost a family member due to them being murdered, but your Mental state and sleep get ****ed around with terribly when you lose a family member.

I hope that he gets all of the help that he needs.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:00 AM #8
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

i don't know the guy, but maybe it's just me, but if i was truly suffering over something, the last thing i would be doing is telling thousands of people i don't know why it's so bad for me. I find that aspect very odd
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:21 AM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…just to give the story of his uncle’s killing a bit more ‘filling’, this is some of the DM article…

Jay Blades' beloved uncle was allegedly stabbed to death by a neighbour on a quiet residential street following a long-running dispute over a shared alleyway, MailOnline can reveal today.

The Repair Shop star, 54, announced on Monday that he would be taking time away from social media to process his grief following the death of his uncle, telling his fans the shocking bereavement had left him feeling 'messed up'.

Richard Brathwaite, 72, was found dead on Cromwell Road in Wembley around lunchtime on March 21 after a neighbour, who lived on the same street, allegedly knifed him.

The incident is said to have blown up about items in the shared alleyway between their homes.

During the fatal incident, Mr Blades' 71-year-old aunt Annetta was also injured and suffered cuts to her head and face.

…full article and pics etc…
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-alleyway.html
Old 01-05-2024, 09:39 AM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…just to give the story of his uncle’s killing a bit more ‘filling’, this is some of the DM article…

Jay Blades' beloved uncle was allegedly stabbed to death by a neighbour on a quiet residential street following a long-running dispute over a shared alleyway, MailOnline can reveal today.

The Repair Shop star, 54, announced on Monday that he would be taking time away from social media to process his grief following the death of his uncle, telling his fans the shocking bereavement had left him feeling 'messed up'.

Richard Brathwaite, 72, was found dead on Cromwell Road in Wembley around lunchtime on March 21 after a neighbour, who lived on the same street, allegedly knifed him.

The incident is said to have blown up about items in the shared alleyway between their homes.

During the fatal incident, Mr Blades' 71-year-old aunt Annetta was also injured and suffered cuts to her head and face.

…full article and pics etc…
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-alleyway.html
How awful and for something so trivial, his poor wife witnessing his death and being injured herself so shocking

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 09:43 AM #11
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
How awful and for something so trivial, his poor wife witnessing his death and being injured herself so shocking
…yeah, we occasionally hear about those type of things were ‘property feuds’ become something very sinister and can lead to ‘deadly’….
Old 01-05-2024, 09:27 AM #12
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i don't know the guy, but maybe it's just me, but if i was truly suffering over something, the last thing i would be doing is telling thousands of people i don't know why it's so bad for me. I find that aspect very odd
…for me, I guess…with grief and post trauma behaviours etc…there is no odd or not odd, it’s such a personal thing in how everyone is impacted and then how it might determine behaviours…this is all part of how he’s processing and obviously sharing with his followers, that his mental health is not in a good place atm so he’s stepping back from social media…(…which we all know, can be a very toxic and negative being…it can love you or it can destroy you, I’m guessing …)…anyways, as I say…I wish him and his family and loved ones well…
Old 01-05-2024, 11:10 AM #13
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Got to agree with IT and Cheribomb. Jay Blades has made this all about him. I thought his long, long story about his previous mental breakdown was soooo self-indulgent. I think about things that have happened to ordinary people over the last 100 years and wonder how they made it through without great public shows of self-pity. Good for him to take time to sort out his head. Presumably the rest of his family are doing the same... privately.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 12:52 PM #14
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy
🌈😈🌈👊🏾🌈👻🌈🫦🌈🔥🌈

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Frenchy

Can’t pretend to care, sorry.
UserSince2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:03 PM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

very sad to hear this

i hope he gets all the help he needs, yes maybe also a break from The Repair Shop for a while? he can always try find a stand-in presenter for the time being if his team want to continue to restore people's antigues

but yeah taking a break from social media, wise decision Jay

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:14 AM #16
Right Flower

Right Flower

Cool

The Repair Shop star Jay Blades in shock split as his wife 'announces their 18-
month marriage is over' - just days after his beloved uncle was stabbed to
death 'by a neighbour'

Fitness instructor Lisa Marie Zbozen, 43, has said she has left the TV star, 54, - who she married in November 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...7a&ai=13375181
Old 02-05-2024, 11:44 AM #17

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Poor fella.
I hope he feels better soon, he has had a rough time of it by the sound of it.
As to letting his followers know, why wouldn’t he
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:58 AM #18

Crazy how someone’s life can change almost overnight … a week or so ago you’d look at this guy in absolute awe … he had the looks , personality and success .. the glamorous wife , presumable wealth and incredible looking future …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 12:10 PM #19
Right Flower

Right Flower

In a statement posted online early this morning Lisa said: 'I don't know how to say this
because it's still really raw.

'I probably should be really angry but I'm just incredibly sad about the whole thing right now.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:48 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
In a statement posted online early this morning Lisa said: 'I don't know how to say this
because it's still really raw.

'I probably should be really angry but I'm just incredibly sad about the whole thing right now.

The thick plottens !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
blades, family, jay, media, member, quits, repair, shop’s, social, ‘murdered’…