Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 18-07-2024, 06:48 PM #26
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 06:55 PM #27
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
We are scared of the white men, too do women feel nervous walking past a mob of men no matter the colour? Yes

Does this prove why women want safe spaces away from men? Also yes

Does anyone here actually care about how dangerous it is for women to walk alone at night or is it all just shite to go with your political beliefs? *big brother voice* find out next time, you decide!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 06:58 PM #28
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
she's great, used to love her show years ago

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 08:44 PM #29
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
You can always tell what an LT thread is really going to be about just by reading the title
Exactly. Sexually harrassing women might be bad. But highlighting it when it's not White British people is far worse. And I'm definitely not racist for thinking that way.

Last edited by Alf; 18-07-2024 at 08:46 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 08:47 PM #30
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

This thread

1 - I don't think it was started to discuss the issue of harassment of women
2 - The comments are sad.

On topic, I cant imagine what it must be like to have a job where late travel to and from work is needed but not provided by the job. The vid speak for itself especially the bit where those knobs are walking past the interview.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 08:52 PM #31
Sod orf

Sod orf

Think of the feelings of our invaders.

We should just keep quiet about these things unless the perpetrators are White British. Then we can show our disgust.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 08:55 PM #32

Favourites:
BB4: Cameron

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Importing thousands upon thousands of young men from countries where women are treated like dirt and then cramming them into our cities and towns and expecting everything to be fine

madness

Do they have statistics on underage girls getting approached by these perverts?
Beso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 08:57 PM #33
Some might say

Some might say

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Do they have statistics on underage girls getting approached by these perverts?
Absolutely but will never publish them
Crimson Dynamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 09:05 PM #34

Favourites:

Favourites:

@ninestar.

I always worry about women. See if I'm walking through a park in the winter when it's dark, and it's just me with an older lady, or old lady walking in front of me..I always want to say it's ok, just me. Walking past..but I always think that might scare them more. If I saw a big group in front of us both I would always make myself known and ask if she would like me to walk with her until we got past them..

A young woman though, well I reckon she would just look at me as an old pervert in the first scenario so I swdinatly dont bother, but I would still again do the same as the older women in the 2nd scenario..

May I ask the TIBB ladies how you would react to a total stranger creeping up to you in the dark saying, dont be scared, its only me walking past. Or how I could word it better and make myself known on behond them better.

Ita horrible just walking past cause you can see their shoulders rising in fear sometimes as they realise their is someone behind them
Old 18-07-2024, 10:14 PM #35
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Where did I say that?

For the purpose of the video the reporter who I will add was attractive and fit wore an outfit that would attract more attention than a woman walking in a hoodie and loose fitting track bottoms

Women get hassled but the reason the reporter got approached 20 times in two hours was a combination of her looks and what she was wearing if she was a hoodie the numbers would be much lower

I’m actually insulted but not surprised by your response to me
There is not a man on this forum or doubt in the real world that not only cares about women but has stepped in so many times to see women and girls don’t hassle hurt or abused
I’m the man that women come to when a drunk dick won’t leave them alone
You talk about click bait head lines the 20 men in two hours is one of those headlines

Not all men are animals

There is also a much deeper reason to this issue
Humans are attracted to the opposite sex that’s inbuilt and part the need to mate to repopulate the human race
But with dating sites you tube and schools and television shows ,we have come to believe that you can just walk up to a stranger ask them out or hook up with them without it being a problem.
okay here goes.....I have no doubt you would step in to help anyone in distress and I know that as fact Sherriff, however....a woman should be able to dress whatever way she wants without it attracting unwanted attention....a woman who dresses up for a night out might be meeting a new date, her husband, her wife, her boyfriend, her girlfriend, or she might just be meeting up with friends, she dresses and puts on makeup to feel good about herself...she does not dress for RANDOMs to approach her in the street and this is FACT, and she should not need to don a hoodie and baggie trouser so she slides by .... men dress to look good...Yes? they are not subjected to unwanted comments from anyone when they do..... do you get what I am saying? because what you are saying is ...she was asking for it ....

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 10:17 PM #36
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
@ninestar.

I always worry about women. See if I'm walking through a park in the winter when it's dark, and it's just me with an older lady, or old lady walking in front of me..I always want to say it's ok, just me. Walking past..but I always think that might scare them more. If I saw a big group in front of us both I would always make myself known and ask if she would like me to walk with her until we got past them..

A young woman though, well I reckon she would just look at me as an old pervert in the first scenario so I swdinatly dont bother, but I would still again do the same as the older women in the 2nd scenario..

May I ask the TIBB ladies how you would react to a total stranger creeping up to you in the dark saying, dont be scared, its only me walking past. Or how I could word it better and make myself known on behond them better.

Ita horrible just walking past cause you can see their shoulders rising in fear sometimes as they realise their is someone behind them

as a woman if I am walking alone at night or daytime in a quiet place , what I need anyone male or female to do is cross to the other side so I know they are not a threat... when passing you could hold you hand up and say .... just walking by if you need any help let me know and that would be fine

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 18-07-2024, 10:28 PM #37
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
okay here goes.....I have no doubt you would step in to help anyone in distress and I know that as fact Sherriff, however....a woman should be able to dress whatever way she wants without it attracting unwanted attention....a woman who dresses up for a night out might be meeting a new date, her husband, her wife, her boyfriend, her girlfriend, or she might just be meeting up with friends, she dresses and puts on makeup to feel good about herself...she does not dress for RANDOMs to approach her in the street and this is FACT, and she should not need to don a hoodie and baggie trouser so she slides by .... men dress to look good...Yes? they are not subjected to unwanted comments from anyone when they do..... do you get what I am saying? because what you are saying is ...she was asking for it ....
I’m saying for the benefit of her report she was approached by more men because of the way she looked and the way she was dressed than if she dressed in a hoodie , 20 men in two hours gets more views than 10 men in two hours

I’m not saying women shouldn’t dress the way they want to I’m not defending any dick heads that think it’s ok to go up to women and hassle them
The fact is , it’s not safe for women to be out walking at night so they need to protect themselves as best they can.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 10:34 PM #38
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I’m saying for the benefit of her report she was approached by more men because of the way she looked and the way she was dressed than if she dressed in a hoodie , 20 men in two hours gets more views than 10 men in two hours

I’m not saying women shouldn’t dress the way they want to I’m not defending any dick heads that think it’s ok to go up to women and hassle them
The fact is , it’s not safe for women to be out walking at night so they need to protect themselves as best they can.

and this is the sad fact of it...as a man can you imagine what that is like, that we cant go out after a certain time, or dress in a certain way because we have to protect ourselves....this is women through the ages and no different in 2024...its not going to change either so educate your grandaughters this is how it is...Jess Phillips can say all the right things but nothing will change

Old 18-07-2024, 10:45 PM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Sorry, but for the human race to continue, women, and also men are going to have to put up with unwanted attention at times.

Does that involve leering groups of either sex. No, of course it doesnt, but some kids wont be on this earth right now if initial advances hadnt been made in the street.

Last edited by Beso; 18-07-2024 at 10:46 PM.
Old 18-07-2024, 11:07 PM #40

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sorry, but for the human race to continue, women, and also men are going to have to put up with unwanted attention at times.

Does that involve leering groups of either sex. No, of course it doesnt, but some kids wont be on this earth right now if initial advances hadnt been made in the street.
But things aren't how they use to be , especially if there's groups of drunken guys nearby or approaching a woman by herself. It's not exactly the time or place to chat someone up. Crime and assault has gone up ,cities & towns are alot more dangerous now.

Even if all you want to do is reassure the person you're ' no threat' , you have to be so careful how you tread .... as people now have to have their wits about them ....so they're a little on edge.

Last edited by GoldHeart; 18-07-2024 at 11:08 PM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2024, 11:28 PM #41

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
But things aren't how they use to be , especially if there's groups of drunken guys nearby or approaching a woman by herself. It's not exactly the time or place to chat someone up. Crime and assault has gone up ,cities & towns are alot more dangerous now.

Even if all you want to do is reassure the person you're ' no threat' , you have to be so careful how you tread .... as people now have to have their wits about them ....so they're a little on edge.

Its honestly no different for a lone guy confronted by a group of drunken women.

Last edited by Beso; 18-07-2024 at 11:29 PM.
Old 18-07-2024, 11:39 PM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Jys honestly no different for a lone guy confronted by a group of drunken women.
Well I imagine the guy would feel uncomfortable,but a woman on her own will feel alot more intimidated by a group of guys. I'm not downplaying a guy's bad experience....but you can't deny that each gender is different.

And a guy would probably feel more scared if a bunch of other men approached him .. rather than a bunch of women .....as he doesn't know if he's about to get stabbed or beaten or anything, the threat will always seem more bigger.
Old 18-07-2024, 11:48 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Its honestly no different for a lone guy confronted by a group of drunken women.
Also just to add .... Yes women can be predatory and lairy , there's no denying that . But overall a woman walking the streets alone will always be more of an easy target...for creeps.

But whoever you are male or female , you have to stay alert when out and about ...and be aware of your surroundings.
Old 19-07-2024, 12:43 AM #44

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well I'm sorry but all I will say after 30 odd years of being on the internet, and how I see the world now, @GoldHeart.

The thought of being dressed up in some sexy looking clothes and thinking you are the dogs bollocks as you walk past a group of men, would make lots if lone women moist. Due to their feeling of empowerment.

And also the majority of women very uncomfartable if they tried the same.
Old 19-07-2024, 06:10 AM #45
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

I know that some people will disagree with me on what I'm about to say, but here we go.

A lot of men are being taught how to interact with women from men such as Andrew Tate, Jordan Peterson, and the Alpha Male Bootcamp people.

That then leads to situations like what ITV is covering, Andrew Tate especially is problematic for women with the views that he teaches his young male audience.

Plus parents need to be instilling some actual life lessons to their children in general, because the men that were approaching Cree Houghton could've expressed their opinion of her without coming across as so creepy and clingy.

I am asking you all on TIBB if you'd like to be apart of my Phone contacts?

If you don't then no worries, I understand where you're coming from.

And if you do want to be added, then PM your Phone number to me, so that it's not made public to everyone.

And if you're not comfortable with being contact with me through Phone, then you can follow me on Twitter if you prefer https://x.com/Mock26020127
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2024, 06:12 AM #46
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserSince2005 View Post
Its all linked, and women are more safe in burkas in those countries.
What do we do after that? Stone the women that get raped?

And if you do want to be added, then PM your Phone number to me, so that it's not made public to everyone.

And if you're not comfortable with being contact with me through Phone, then you can follow me on Twitter if you prefer https://x.com/Mock26020127
Old 19-07-2024, 06:18 AM #47
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Where did I say that?

For the purpose of the video the reporter who I will add was attractive and fit wore an outfit that would attract more attention than a woman walking in a hoodie and loose fitting track bottoms

Women get hassled but the reason the reporter got approached 20 times in two hours was a combination of her looks and what she was wearing if she was a hoodie the numbers would be much lower

I’m actually insulted but not surprised by your response to me
There is not a man on this forum or doubt in the real world that not only cares about women but has stepped in so many times to see women and girls don’t hassle hurt or abused
I’m the man that women come to when a drunk dick won’t leave them alone
You talk about click bait head lines the 20 men in two hours is one of those headlines

Not all men are animals

There is also a much deeper reason to this issue
Humans are attracted to the opposite sex that’s inbuilt and part the need to mate to repopulate the human race
But with dating sites you tube and schools and television shows ,we have come to believe that you can just walk up to a stranger ask them out or hook up with them without it being a problem.
Thankfully I've not been tested on that scenario.

Tbh though, I would probably not be the hero that the woman would be looking for in that scenario, as I would either end up being too cowardly or end up getting myself stabbed to death.

Oh and to go shallow for a second, I 100% agree with you on the Reporter being attractive, obviously it doesn't excuse her being harassed though.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 19-07-2024 at 06:20 AM.
Old 19-07-2024, 07:26 AM #48
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

…I think a really important thing with the vid to say is that the interviewer had gone to talk to Niamh who had been attacked in daylight…and an attempt to rape her in broad daylight…it was so upsetting to watch because the trauma of having to fight off her attacker wasn’t the only trauma she went through…she felt that trauma continue in telling her parents, as if she’d done something wrong or hadn’t done enough or in some way was at fault because her dad…(…being a police officer when she was growing up…had taught her some self defence…and telling her parents for her was the hardest part because she knew how much it would devastate them to hear of her attack…so this isn’t just about women alone at night and how vulnerable they are and feel…it’s about women alone in daylight and women alone at a gym and so many situations that women are vulnerable in…
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2024, 12:57 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
…I think a really important thing with the vid to say is that the interviewer had gone to talk to Niamh who had been attacked in daylight…and an attempt to rape her in broad daylight…it was so upsetting to watch because the trauma of having to fight off her attacker wasn’t the only trauma she went through…she felt that trauma continue in telling her parents, as if she’d done something wrong or hadn’t done enough or in some way was at fault because her dad…(…being a police officer when she was growing up…had taught her some self defence…and telling her parents for her was the hardest part because she knew how much it would devastate them to hear of her attack…so this isn’t just about women alone at night and how vulnerable they are and feel…it’s about women alone in daylight and women alone at a gym and so many situations that women are vulnerable in…

Very true Ammi

It must have been terrifying what she went through .... especially in broad daylight. It's sad that this happens all to often.
Old 19-07-2024, 09:15 PM #50
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

How on earth is someone attacking in broad daylight and there be no witnesses to the crime?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
20, approached, hours, men, night, reality, woman