Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:17 AM #276

It seems that supporters of Arista support the murderer Oscar Pistorious. They seem to think he might be innocent

Lee supports absolute justice for the murderer Oscar Pistorious. She believes abusive men should be brought to justice.

Last edited by lostalex; 12-03-2013 at 10:18 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM #277
User banned

User banned

what pistorius did was insane. hes guilty of murder. whether he meant to kill his girlfriend I dont know, but the whole macho gun culture makes me sick. if his story is true? why did she not answer him back from the toilet? where is the missing door? that alone can prove whether he had legs on when he fored the bullets? why didnt he notice she was in bed when he went to get his gun?

at best hes guilty of reckless manslaughter, at worst cold blooded murder
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM #278
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
It seems that supporters of Arista support the murderer Oscar Pistorious. They seem to think he might be innocent

Lee supports absolute justice for the murderer Oscar Pistorious. She believes abusive men should be brought to justice.
Surely there will be supporters in all parties holding different views on stuff as is the way of the World. Or are you saying you are supporting a party that is as cute as fluffy bunnies, never does a thing wrong, or sets a foot wrong party, and you agree with all their policies? Because surely that would make you a sheep to that party? All parties will have stuff others agree or disagree on, Alex, as in everyday politics. As for this news item, I don't know all the facts, as many of us won't, but on what I have read so far, my own opinion is that Oscar Pistorious could well be guilty of pre meditated murder, however that is not for me to decide. And oh yes, I am a supporter of Arista. So can you take back that misguided statement about us please Thanking you

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 12-03-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:24 AM #279

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013...ary-tv-ratings

Quote:
BBC3's fast turnaround documentary about Oscar Pistorius was watched by more than a million viewers, giving it a peaktime win over Channel 5.

Oscar Pistorius – What Really Happened? had 1.08 million viewers, a 4.3% share of the audience between 9pm and 10pm on Monday.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM #280
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

I expect they will repeat it, so might watch it if they do then.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 12-03-2013, 01:36 PM #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Surely there will be supporters in all parties holding different views on stuff as is the way of the World. Or are you saying you are supporting a party that is as cute as fluffy bunnies, never does a thing wrong, or sets a foot wrong party, and you agree with all their policies? Because surely that would make you a sheep to that party? All parties will have stuff others agree or disagree on, Alex, as in everyday politics. As for this news item, I don't know all the facts, as many of us won't, but on what I have read so far, my own opinion is that Oscar Pistorious could well be guilty of pre meditated murder, however that is not for me to decide. And oh yes, I am a supporter of Arista. So can you take back that misguided statement about us please Thanking you
Are you supporting the murderer Pistorious or not?

Last edited by lostalex; 12-03-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:37 PM #282
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I expect they will repeat it, so might watch it if they do then.
its on catch up if you have virgin Suze. Probably on iplayer as well.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:39 PM #283
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

This case is so tragic.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:42 PM #284

Did i say something wrong? Did I have a point of view??? OOPS i didn't know i couldn't talk about YOU!

OOPS *shot in the head* now i'm DEAD.

Last edited by lostalex; 12-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 PM #285

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I watched it on iPlayer .....
Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 PM #286
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Are you supporting the murderer Pistorious or not?
As you can see, my views on this case are quite clear in my last post that you quoted, Alex, hence maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions before stating what you did really.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:03 PM #287
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omah View Post
I watched it on iPlayer .....
IPlayer it is then. Will watch it later

Last edited by Suze; 12-03-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 13-03-2013, 03:38 AM #288
User banned

User banned

again this isnt merely a male v female issue alone....gun culture is rife in a africa even worse than the usa....the murder rate is off the charts...once u allow too many guns then everyone wants one for even more protection, its a never ending downward spirral....clearly the legas system in sa is bent as a corkscrew..the cop is bent and also is murder suspect, osars brother has been involved in a similar situation, even the crucial evidence such as the bathroom door appears to have been taken away? again the whole gun culture is promoted and exploited by the rich........they sell their automatic weapons at twice the rate, making billions, the poor masses fight and kil amongst each other.......its divide and conquer by any other name
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 12:23 AM #289

Lightbulb Pistorius’ trophies lay across home floor on night of Steenkamp’s murder

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/othe...er_758203.html

Quote:
Pistorius’ trophies lay across home floor on night of Steenkamp’s murderLondon: In a further shock for murder-accused Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, police investigating the death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp have reportedly revealed that they had found Pistorius’ prized trophies strewn across the floor of the Pretoria home on the night Steenkamp was shot dead.

According to the investigators, the awards, of which some were broken, may point to a row between Pistorius and Steenkamp before he ‘accidentally’ shot her four times.

According to a police source, they are still trying to establish whether the awards might have ended up around his home during an alleged dispute, adding that in a normal situation, the trophies would have been in a good condition and showcased on shelves or in cabinets. A 2010 ‘at home’ magazine article showed a row of Pistorius’ silverware lined up neatly on top of a wall-mounted cabinet.

It has been revealed that his guard dogs were at home and there had been no *burglaries at the complex in Pretoria, South Africa, for more than two years, the report added.
Old 18-03-2013, 12:27 AM #290
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Many thanks for the update Omah
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 12:30 AM #291

Lightbulb Reeva left traumatised by burglary when she hid in locked bedroom

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...atised-1771045

Quote:
Reeva Steenkamp was left traumatised by a burglary two years ago when she hid in a locked bedroom, her family have revealed.

The incident echoes her Valentine’s Day killing by Oscar Pistorius.

Reeva, 29, had received therapy after raiders smashed their way into her Johannesburg apartment and ransacked it while she hid.

Her uncle Mike Steenkamp said that trauma may have influenced what unfolded when she died. He said: “Two years ago it was the same style of locking [herself] in.”

Paralympian Pistorius, 26, claims he shot Reeva three times, thinking she was a burglar hiding in his toilet.

His defence team said he shouted for girlfriend Reeva to call the police, unaware it was her in the bathroom.

But police in South Africa say she ran to the toilet in fright and locked herself in after the couple argued.
Following the report in the previous post, this disclosure adds a further dimension to the killing of Reeva by Pistorius.

Last edited by Omah; 18-03-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 18-03-2013, 02:52 AM #292

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

All the available evidence in this case points to the bleeding obvious , it's like Occams Razor, where the simplest solution is probably the correct one. I think he definitely shot her no question, the burglary story is nonsense , the question should be did be set out to murder her or did a domestic escalate , either way he is guilty of manslaughter and should receive a significant prison term....!!!

Ps just back from Australia - why is the weather in UK so cold ??
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 01:56 AM #293

Lightbulb NPA, Pistorius' lawyers consider bail case date

http://ewn.co.za/2013/03/21/NPA-Pist...bail-case-date

Quote:
JOHANNESBURG - The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) today said a date for murder accused Oscar Pistorius' bail conditions appeal is now on the table.
Pistorius' lawyers previously confirmed they filed a submission appealing several of the Paralympian's bail conditions.
The Pretoria Magistrate’s Court released the Blade Runner on R1million bail for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in February.

Steenkamp died from gun shots at Pistorius’ home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day.

His bail conditions include restrictions on alcohol, international travel and his ability to return to his Pretoria home.

The NPA's spokesperson Medupi Simasiku said the authority and Pistorius’ defence team jointly suggested a new date for the appeal.

“We currently don’t have any date. The date that was originally suggested was 22 March but that did not materialise so now 28 March has been suggested.”
Old 22-03-2013, 09:28 AM #294

http://ewn.co.za/2013/03/22/NPA-conf...-for-Pistorius

Quote:
PRETORIA - The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) today confirmed next Thursday as a tentative date for murder accused Oscar Pistorius to appeal his bail conditions.

Advocate Kenny Oldwage confirmed that his client will not be in court for proceedings.

One of the main arguments will be that the defence team was not allowed to address the court on the appropriateness of the conditions before they were handed down.

In court papers, the defence team says Magistrate Desmond Nair imposed conditions on Pistorius, which are inconsistent with his findings that he is not a flight risk.
Old 23-03-2013, 12:54 AM #295

Lightbulb Pistorius brothers both have court dates next week

http://news.yahoo.com/pistorius-brot...0579--oly.html

Quote:
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Oscar Pistorius' appeal against his bail conditions will be heard on the same day his older brother Carl is due in another South African court to stand trial for culpable homicide.

Carl's trial is set for Wednesday and Thursday next week in a court south of Johannesburg, the lawyer and prosecutors said.

The concurrent cases will thrust the family into another media frenzy, even if multiple Paralympic champion Oscar — charged with murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp last month — is not required to appear at his bail appeal.

Family lawyer Kenny Oldwadge told The Associated Press on Friday they now have confirmation from the North Gauteng High Court that the appeal is scheduled for March 28 at that High Court, where Oscar's defense team will challenge his travel restrictions and the requirement that he must report twice a week to a police station, among other conditions.

The next part of the 26-year-old runner's sensational case — which continues to grip South Africans and much of the world — will take place while brother Carl is in Vanderbijlpark Magistrate's Court facing a culpable homicide charge for alleged negligent driving in the death of a 36-year-old woman in a road collision in 2008.

The 28-year-old Carl denies the charges and Oldwadge said he would lead Carl's defense at the trial.

The concurrent dates for the Pistorius brothers had also stretched the family's legal team, Oldwadge said, and provided them with significant logistical problems as they prepared for cases in the two cities.

"We didn't suggest it (the date for Oscar's appeal) but we were forced into it because of the need to get the appeal heard as soon as possible," Oldwadge said.

He said there was "no need" for Oscar to appear in court in the bail appeal.

Oscar's legal team filed an appeal against some of his bail conditions on March 7, objecting to him being not allowed to travel outside of South Africa even though a magistrate said he was not a flight risk when granting him 1 million rand ($108,000) bail last month. They're also challenging an alcohol ban and a ruling that Pistorius cannot speak with residents at the gated Silverwoods Country Estate, where he shot Steenkamp dead in his house in the early hours of Feb. 14.

Pistorius' lawyers say he should be able to consult with residents to be able to prepare his defense. He denies the murder charge. They also object to the ruling that he has to report twice a week to the Brooklyn Police Station in Pretoria, where he was held after his arrest.

Pistorius has been staying at his uncle's house in an upmarket Pretoria suburb since he was released on bail. He must appear in court again on June 4, but his lawyers argued in their appeal that forcing him to go to the police station only serves to "expose" him with "no added benefit to the criminal justice system."
Oscar Pistorius hasn't been seen in public since he was granted bail at Pretoria Magistrate's Court on Feb. 22.
State prosecutors believe they have a case against Carl, who they argue was driving negligently, National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Medupe Simasiku told the AP on Friday.

Simasiku said the older Pistorius brother was driving a Ford Ranger SUV in March 2008 when he collided with a female motorcyclist. The woman, Marietjie Barnard, died in a hospital and although the culpable homicide charge against Carl was initially dropped, it was reinstated this year because forensic evidence and reports from the accident scene were now available, Simasiku said.

"According to the investigation we have, there is a case against (Carl) Pistorius," Simasiku said.

The Pistorius family said last month that Carl deeply regretted the incident but insisted it was a "tragic accident." He was not under the influence of alcohol, the family said.

Simasiku, who is the spokesman for the prosecution in both Pistorius cases, also said the scheduling of legal proceedings involving both brothers in the same week was not intentional.

"(Carl's trial) was scheduled way before Oscar," he said. "People may think ... that we were trying to run them concurrently. The case has been there for a very long time, scheduled way before the younger brother. It has nothing to do with Oscar."
Ladykillers .....
Old 26-03-2013, 11:49 PM #296

Arrow Reeva Steenkamp's mother 'never wants to see Paralympian again'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...mother-1786463

Quote:
The heartbroken mother of Reeva Steenkamp has spoken of her grief over her daughter's death, saying she never wants to see Oscar Pistorius again.

June Steenkamp and husband Barry are still coming to terms with their loss, after 30-year-old Reeva was shot dead at the Paralympian's home on Valentine's Day.

Mrs Steenkamp told Grazia magazine said: "He (Pistorius) still has his thoughts. He still has to answer for this. I don't want anything from him.

"What could he say to me? My daughter is dead and nothing is going to change that. I don't ever want to see him.

"My biggest regret is that Reeva will never have a wedding day. She'll never have a child. This is forever. It's the end."

Mr Steenkamp said he hopes that he will know all the facts of what happened after the court case and have the strength to look Pistorius in the eye.

"I just feel it 's necessary. For closure," he said.

They plan to scatter her ashes in the sea at Bloubergstrand with Table Mountain in the background, according to Grazia.

Their contact with Pistorius is now only through lawyers.
Old 27-03-2013, 08:00 AM #297

Exclamation Pistorius's brother faces death trial

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/pis...al-589318.html

Quote:
The brother of athlete Oscar Pistorius is standing trial in South Africa today over the death of a woman in a road accident in 2008.

Carl Pistorius arrived at Vanderbijlpark Magistrates’ Court in Johannesburg to face a charge of culpable homicide, or unlawful, negligent killing.

He was accompanied by his sister, Aimee. There was no sign of Oscar.
Old 27-03-2013, 09:58 AM #298

Thumbs down

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...l-8551199.html

Quote:
Initial proceedings in Carl Pistorius's case today focused on a request by South Africa's national broadcaster, SABC, to show the trial proceedings live on television or record them for later use.

Magistrate Buks du Plessis said reporters could attend the trial but turned down the SABC request, saying he wanted to guard against "emotional hype" and that any public interest in the trial stemmed only from the intense interest in the murder case against Oscar Pistorius. News photographers were not allowed to cover the trial while it was in session.

"He's not a celebrity in his own right," Mr du Plessis said of Oscar's brother. Addressing Carl Pistorius, the magistrate then said: "Apologies to you, sir."
Carl Pistorius smiled and nodded.

Prosecutors say Carl Pistorius was driving an SUV in March 2008 when he collided with a female motorcyclist. The woman, Marietjie Barnard, died in hospital.

Although the culpable homicide charge against Carl was initially dropped, it was reinstated this year because forensic evidence and reports from the accident scene became available, according to prosecutors.
Apologising to a killer .....
Old 27-03-2013, 03:22 PM #299

Question Pistorius brother denies car death

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-29159335.html

Quote:
The brother of Oscar Pistorius has pleaded not guilty to killing a woman motorcyclist in a road crash. Carl Pistorius denied culpable homicide or negligent killing and also to two alternative charges of driving in a reckless and inconsiderate manner.

The older brother of double-amputee Olympian Oscar Pistorius was accompanied by their younger sister, Aimee, and other relatives and friends for the first day of his trial at a court in Vanderbijlpark, south of Johannesburg.

Carl and Aimee arrived separately at the court but left together at the end of the hering and declined to comment. Carl chewed gum and spoke just once during the proceedings to plead not guilty to the main charge and the two alternative charges.

Asked by Magistrate Buks du Plessis if he understood the main charge of culpable homicide against him, the 28-year-old Carl Pistorius replied: "I do, your worship, and I plead not guilty."

Prosecutors say Carl Pistorius was driving 4x4 in March 2008 when he hit a motorcyclist in Vanderbijlpark. The woman, Maria Barnard, died in hospital six days after the accident.

In court Mr Oldwadge said Carl Pistorius claimed that 36-year-old Ms Barnard, a member of a local motorcycling club, was intoxicated at the time of the accident and had been drinking during the day. He said she was the one driving recklessly.

Carl must return to the Vanderbijlpark court next Wednesday.
Surely if the woman was drunk there's be no charges against Pistorius ......
Old 28-03-2013, 11:46 AM #300

Exclamation Oscar Pistorius granted permission to leave South Africa to compete

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...e-south-africa

Quote:
A South African judge has ruled that Oscar Pistorius, who is charged with murdering his girlfriend, can leave South Africa to compete in international athletics competitions.

Lawyers for the Olympic and Paralympic athlete had appealed against some of his bail restrictions on Thursday, saying he might eventually need to return to track competition to earn money.

They argued that their client, who is charged with premeditated murder after shooting his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp dead on 14 February, was being treated as a flight risk even though a magistrate ruled last month that he was not when he released the double-amputee runner on bail.

The court has, however, imposed conditions on Pistorius should he wish to travel. He must provide authorities with his travel plans at least a week before he leaves the country, and must return his passport to the court within 24 hours of returning to South Africa.

The lawyer Barry Roux said Pistorius had no desire to return to the track now, but "this might and this will change".
I doubt that self-admitted "Ladykiller" Pistorius will get any invitations to sports meetings with a murder charge attached to his name and a court case pending .....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
african, girlfriend, hoots, olympian, oscar, oscar pistorius, pistorius, reeva, shooting, south, trial