Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-10-2022, 09:47 PM #76

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Again you seem to be implying a stigmatisation of mental health disorders. There's nothing wrong with being crazy
Exactly
Plus in 2022 ,with more mental health awareness ..you would think we were past the whole stigmatising. But sadly I guess not .

People suffer with depression , anxiety etc it's nothing to be ashamed of. And people shouldn't feel bad to ask for help .
Old 24-10-2022, 10:24 PM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
Exactly
Plus in 2022 ,with more mental health awareness ..you would think we were past the whole stigmatising. But sadly I guess not .

People suffer with depression , anxiety etc it's nothing to be ashamed of. And people shouldn't feel bad to ask for help .
I think Oliver calling transgendered people mentally ill is more offensive than anything I’m saying. You’d think in 2022 we’d be past transphobia disguised as science.

‘You know who the real loser in all that (stone-walling) is? That fool a person (as-per narcissism/general toxicity) who doesn’t get to see the full authentic glory of who you are. They lost, not you, and you protected yourself.’ (Durvasula, 2024.)
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2022, 11:56 PM #78

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I think Oliver calling transgendered people mentally ill is more offensive than anything I’m saying. You’d think in 2022 we’d be past transphobia disguised as science.
I can't speak for Oliver,but I don't think anything he said was 'transphobic', as I keep saying technically 'gender dysphoria ' is a medical condition which doctors diagnose ,are you going to fight doctors on this ?? .

And it's a fact that some of these young children / teens are suffering with other conditions like autism , depression and so on

Last edited by GoldHeart; 24-10-2022 at 11:56 PM.
GoldHeart is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 12:05 AM #79

Quote:
I can't speak for Oliver,but I don't think anything he said was 'transphobic', as I keep saying technically 'gender dysphoria ' is a medical condition which doctors diagnose ,are you going to fight doctors on this ?? .

And it's a fact that some of these young children / teens are suffering with other conditions like autism , depression and so on
It’s gone a bit beyond the topic of kids now. It’s about Oliver writing-off all forms of transsexualism as a mental disorder, which I can’t agree with.

Gender dysphoria’s only diagnosed when the trans. person experiences ‘clinically-significant’ distress over the lack of congruence between their personal sense of gender-identity and physiological sex (especially if they’re self-harming). It’s not actually a synonym for transsexualism, nor does every trans. person experience it.

I’m not arguing with the doctors on that.

‘You know who the real loser in all that (stone-walling) is? That fool a person (as-per narcissism/general toxicity) who doesn’t get to see the full authentic glory of who you are. They lost, not you, and you protected yourself.’ (Durvasula, 2024.)
Old 25-10-2022, 12:28 AM #80

I know gender-dysphoria was the premise of Ollie’s argument right through the thread but it’s not actually a sound or very solid premise. I just figured I’d argue around that in other ways to avoid having to state the blatantly-obvious. Comparing it to an eating disorder is like comparing a model who vibes with keto and avocado four weekdays a week to someone being tube-fed because of anorexia nervosa so-severe. They’re not nearly the same thing in either case.

Last edited by Redway; 25-10-2022 at 12:29 AM.
Old 25-10-2022, 06:52 AM #81
I think I'm a banana tree

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also, which medical model are you using for claiming that transsexualism is officially a mental disorder? It certainly isn’t the latest version of the ICD.
I don't trust the motives behind declassifying it as a mental disorder tbh.

In what world is it not a mental disorder, when every other discordance between mind and body is?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 07:31 AM #82

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It’s gone a bit beyond the topic of kids now. It’s about Oliver writing-off all forms of transsexualism as a mental disorder, which I can’t agree with.

Gender dysphoria’s only diagnosed when the trans. person experiences ‘clinically-significant’ distress over the lack of congruence between their personal sense of gender-identity and physiological sex (especially if they’re self-harming). It’s not actually a synonym for transsexualism, nor does every trans. person experience it.

I’m not arguing with the doctors on that.
If someone wants to "transition" and doesn't have gender dysphoria, I'd quietly suggest they might have serious issues.
Such as being the victim of childhood abuse:
Quote:
Seventy-three percent of TGAs reported psychological abuse, 39% reported physical abuse, and 19% reported sexual abuse.
https://publications.aap.org/pediatr...0-000000000000

Last edited by Oliver_W; 25-10-2022 at 07:32 AM.
Old 25-10-2022, 12:15 PM #83

Quote:
I don't trust the motives behind declassifying it as a mental disorder tbh.

In what world is it not a mental disorder, when every other discordance between mind and body is?
Certified shrink, are you?

Old 25-10-2022, 01:07 PM #84

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Certified shrink, are you?
One doesn't need to be. Someone whose mind is telling them they're something they're not (be it overweight when they're thin, or a woman when they're male) isn't a mind which is sound.

Old 25-10-2022, 03:20 PM #85

Favourites:
BB4: Cameron

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
President Joe Biden has said it is wrong to block children’s access to sex change
surgeries or puberty blockers.

Mr Biden, who hosted a popular trans TikToker at the White House last week,
said he believed it was both a moral and legal issue as he spoke to a panel of
activists for the NowThis News presidential forum.

When asked if red states should have the right to pass laws limiting access to
gender reassignment treatments, Mr Biden said in comments published on
Sunday: “I don’t think any state or anybody should have the right to do that.

“As a moral question and as a legal question, I just think it’s wrong,” the
president added.

He will burn in hell for those comments.
Beso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 04:04 PM #86

Quote:
One doesn't need to be. Someone whose mind is telling them they're something they're not (be it overweight when they're thin, or a woman when they're male) isn't a mind which is sound.
Have you not been reading/paying attention to a single word of mine?

Old 25-10-2022, 05:01 PM #87

Favourites:

Favourites:

What is an unsound mind, is someone who thinks inverting their penis so they can hurl a glass dildo into it on a daily basis to keep it from closing, suddenly makes them a woman.
Beso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 05:49 PM #88

Default Most children who think they’re transgender are just going through a ‘phase’ says NHS

It’s a crazy , crazy time .

In May 2021, Demi came out as non-binary and started using they/them pronouns. "Over the past year, I've been doing some healing and self-reflective work and, through this work, I've had the revelation that I identify as non-binary. With that said, I'll officially be changing my pronouns to they/them," Demi explained in an Instagram video.

"I feel that this best represents the fluidity that I feel in my gender expression and allows me to feel most authentic and true to the person I both know I am and still am discovering."

Today , Demi updated the pronouns on their Instagram to let fans know that they now use they/them/she/her pronouns. However, the 'Substance' singer didn't go into any detail about the change other than ..

Demi opened up about her decision to use both they/them and she/her pronouns. "For me I’m such a fluid person… I felt like especially last year, my energy was balanced in my masculine & feminine energy," Demi explained.

"When I was faced with the choice of walking into a bathroom and it said ‘women’ and ‘men,’ I didn’t feel like there was a bathroom for me. I didn’t feel necessarily like a woman. I didn’t feel like a man. I just felt like a human. And that’s what they/them is about for me. It’s just about feeling human at your core."

Demi continued: "Recently, I’ve been feeling more feminine and so I’ve adopted she/her again."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro of Io

Last edited by Zizu; 25-10-2022 at 05:50 PM.
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 05:54 PM #89
Some might say

Some might say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post

In May 2021, Demi came out as non-binary and started using they/them pronouns. "Over the past year, I've been doing some healing and self-reflective work and, through this work, I've had the revelation that I identify as non-binary. With that said, I'll officially be changing my pronouns to they/them," Demi explained in an Instagram video.

"I feel that this best represents the fluidity that I feel in my gender expression and allows me to feel most authentic and true to the person I both know I am and still am discovering."

Today , Demi updated the pronouns on their Instagram to let fans know that they now use they/them/she/her pronouns. However, the 'Substance' singer didn't go into any detail about the change other than ..

Demi opened up about her decision to use both they/them and she/her pronouns. "For me I’m such a fluid person… I felt like especially last year, my energy was balanced in my masculine & feminine energy," Demi explained.

"When I was faced with the choice of walking into a bathroom and it said ‘women’ and ‘men,’ I didn’t feel like there was a bathroom for me. I didn’t feel necessarily like a woman. I didn’t feel like a man. I just felt like a human. And that’s what they/them is about for me. It’s just about feeling human at your core."

Demi continued: "Recently, I’ve been feeling more feminine and so I’ve adopted she/her again."

f me. Id imagine pink and or blue hair
Crimson Dynamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 08:02 PM #90
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post

Demi Lovato is using she/her pronouns when identifying as Non-Binary.

Admittedly Demi's lost me on that.

I am asking you all on TIBB if you'd like to be apart of my Phone contacts?

If you don't then no worries, I understand where you're coming from.

And if you do want to be added, then PM your Phone number to me, so that it's not made public to everyone.

And if you're not comfortable with being contact with me through Phone, then you can follow me on Twitter if you prefer https://x.com/Mock26020127
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 08:06 PM #91

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Have you not been reading/paying attention to a single word of mine?
You told me what year it is, called me names, and said "no it isn't." What did I miss?

Old 25-10-2022, 08:22 PM #92
Some might say

Some might say

Quote:
You told me what year it is, called me names, and said "no it isn't." What did I miss?
nothing

Crimson Dynamo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 08:25 PM #93

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post

I don't have much time for Demi ,she was clinging onto the whole 'non binary' thing as a trend. And surprise surprise now gone back to "she her" pronouns .

She also thought by cutting her hair ,it was something revolutionary . When plenty of women have short hair. And how she doesn't feel like wearing makeup on some days etc . I don't understand how that makes someone non binary ...but ok .

Plenty of women aren't always ultra feminine all the time .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 25-10-2022 at 08:26 PM.
GoldHeart is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2022, 08:55 PM #94

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post

Quote:
I don't have much time for Demi ,she was clinging onto the whole 'non binary' thing as a trend. And surprise surprise now gone back to "she her" pronouns .

She also thought by cutting her hair ,it was something revolutionary . When plenty of women have short hair. And how she doesn't feel like wearing makeup on some days etc . I don't understand how that makes someone non binary ...but ok .

Plenty of women aren't always ultra feminine all the time .
She's sadly most likely fromthe section of the "gender diverse community" who faced sexual abuse in her formative years, having been a Disney Star...

She's talked about depression and overcoming suicidal ideation before too, so at the very least (and hopefully exclusively) she has that co-morditity...

Old 25-10-2022, 09:14 PM #95

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She's sadly most likely fromthe section of the "gender diverse community" who faced sexual abuse in her formative years, having been a Disney Star...

She's talked about depression and overcoming suicidal ideation before too, so at the very least (and hopefully exclusively) she has that co-morditity...
Was Demi abused ? .. that's sad if so . I could tell there's psychological issues ,I hope she finds some type of healing.

She was also reaching out to the wrong people aswell , I forgot his name but there was a guy who was encouraging her ..and I'm sure I heard he's a predator .

Also I think alot of these non binary people back in the 90s & early 00s would have just identified as 'goth' or 'emo', I saw a comment where a goth guy said he got confused for being in the same umbrella ,but he's just goth . I think alot of the 'non binary' community just like feeling special with this new label. Obviously I know this doesn't apply to all of them.
Old 25-10-2022, 09:24 PM #96

Quote:
Was Demi abused ? .. that's sad if so . I could tell there's psychological issues ,I hope she finds some type of healing.

She was also reaching out to the wrong people aswell , I forgot his name but there was a guy who was encouraging her ..and I'm sure I heard he's a predator .

Also I think alot of these non binary people back in the 90s & early 00s would have just identified as 'goth' or 'emo', I saw a comment where a goth guy said he got confused for being in the same umbrella ,but he's just goth . I think alot of the 'non binary' community just like feeling special with this new label. Obviously I know this doesn't apply to all of them.

The article I read kinda suggested she was in some kind of relationship with Miley Cyrus’s sister .. Miley is also non binary

Must be something in the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 25-10-2022, 09:27 PM #97

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't know for sure, but young girl in Hollywood, in Disney? Who then went on to present several signs of mental ill health? All I'm gonna say is I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope not.

Old 25-10-2022, 09:45 PM #98

Default Most children who think they’re transgender are just going through a ‘phase’ says NHS

Quote:
I don't know for sure, but young girl in Hollywood, in Disney? Who then went on to present several signs of mental ill health? All I'm gonna say is I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope not.

She was warning about the problems and the pitfalls of being a child star …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zizu; 25-10-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 25-10-2022, 11:21 PM #99

https://youtu.be/OdtlBnYGM9E

Anyway, the fact is that transsexualism is no-longer classified as a mental disorder. Whatever your personal opinions are behind how-linked it is with gender-dysphoria and whether or not it should still be classed as a disorder are your messed-up opinions, not facts.

Old 26-10-2022, 12:26 AM #100

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
https://youtu.be/OdtlBnYGM9E

Anyway, the fact is that transsexualism is no-longer classified as a mental disorder. Whatever your personal opinions are behind how-linked it is with gender-dysphoria and whether or not it should still be classed as a disorder are your messed-up opinions, not facts.
Why are you saying this like it's a cemented FACT , as we were saying alot of these youngsters are still developing physically and emotionally . Their brains are still developing for goodness sake .

Plus gender dysphoria is linked with depression , and other conditions. And as i already said some of these teens are likely autistic or have other conditions .

And how can you deny that someone growing up feeling extremely unhappy in their skin & body , and feeling like another gender is not linked with some form of psychological situation?.

As i keep saying we need to stop stigmatising mental health .

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
children, nhs, they’re, transgender, ‘phase’