Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 03-05-2024, 09:04 PM #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
That's nice dear
At least you’re apostrophising this time.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 09:22 PM #202
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
These recent ITVX warnings about strong language and upsetting scenes. What do people expect from half of these shows these days? When did people become that quick to take offence?
I remember when Amazon put up a trigger warning for one of the Reacher episodes for Finnley smoking a Cigarette.

It was honestly the most pathetic thing about Reacher Season 1, it was a very good Season in general though.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:30 PM #203
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Some Blues fans not acknowledging Tom Wagner's mistakes just because he isn't as bad as BSHL.

I had this conversation with someone on YouTube about it this morning, and I respect that the person likes Tom Wagner, but while he has done some good for the club in his first season as Blues owner, he has also done a lot wrong imo.

I don't think that he should be given a free pass just because he is better than BSHL.
Old 04-05-2024, 12:02 AM #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I remember when Amazon put up a trigger warning for one of the Reacher episodes for Finnley smoking a Cigarette.

Oh, Lordy. That’s peak.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Old 04-05-2024, 12:30 AM #205
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Oh, Lordy. That’s peak.
I remember being completely flabagasted.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:49 AM #206

1. Perpetually sickly people who always have a cough or a sniffle (like I said), whether it’s cold-and-flu season, hayfever season or none of those things whatsoever. It’s off-putting when you’re in a restaurant trying to eat and someone’s coughing their lungs out every 2 seconds or making you listen to them swallowing their own snot. Pretty gross when you put it like that, right?

2. People who forget how common all that stuff always has been and was before this Covid nonsense became a thing. COVD was literally just another thing to add to it but largely it’s been and gone. It brought about some positive changes (more online interaction when face-to-face is infeasible or unnecessary; lockdown was a whole vibe in itself, especially for introverts) but the pandemic itself is over. Some people just can’t let it go and instantly assume Covid whenever someone’s sick. And it’s annoying. Really, really annoying.

Last edited by Redway; 07-05-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:13 PM #207

How quickly people turn on others because of gossip coming from narcissists. It’s probably a tale as old as time itself but seems to have gotten worse over the past 30 years. There’s so much wacked-up stuff out there that people might actually believe about you and that’s sometimes the reason they’re funny with you. You just don’t know that they’ve bought into the delusional pieties of the time that the smear-campaigning instigator has decided will be the case wherever your name’s involved, or they’ll only tell one side of the story and suck more and more people into it so that they think they know stuff about a particular person when they either don’t or it’s wildly out of context.

Do you forgive that? I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.

But this is a thread for little things.

Last edited by Redway; 05-05-2024 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:21 PM #208

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

People who say tibb, like that...and not TIBB, like this.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:33 PM #209

Pins and needles.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:45 PM #210
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How quickly people turn on others because of gossip coming from narcissists. It’s probably a tale as old as time itself but seems to have gotten worse over the past 30 years. There’s so much wacked-up stuff out there that people might actually believe about you and that’s sometimes the reason they’re funny with you. You just don’t know that they’ve bought into the delusional pieties of the time that the smear-campaigning instigator has decided will be the case wherever your name’s involved, or they’ll only tell one side of the story and suck more and more people into it so that they think they know stuff about a particular person when they either don’t or it’s wildly out of context.

Do you forgive that? I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.

But this is a thread for little things.
This sounds like Piers Morgan when talking about Meghan Markle.

The gossiping part that you're referring to that is.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 05-05-2024 at 09:45 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 09:50 PM #211

Quote:
This sounds like Piers Morgan when talking about Meghan Markle.

The gossiping part that you're referring to that is.
It could just as well be anything Piers Morgan has said about anyone. Heck, anything the usual gossips were spewing about Kate Middleton when she was battling with a cancer diagnosis and just wanted some privacy and space to come to terms with it. Gossip (bad, toxic gossip) and smear-campaigning in general is just dangerous and character-assassinating.

To be fair, the whole thing I’m talking about now is part of a much, much wider theme and issue but ya. Piers Morgan is a class-A* dickhead. He deserves a standing ovation for it, only he doesn’t.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:52 PM #212

And unfortunately, Mock, we live in a world where (wo)mandem will believe anything about you sometimes, especially the less they know you that personally. Instead of to come to you and check what’s being said with you in a diplomatic way (which they would find a way of doing, even if second-handedly, if they really respected you and your integrity that much), they go with rumours and naysay instead.

If they don’t like you anyway, they won’t need much telling or convincing to find a reason to hate you even more or at least justify their contempt for you. But people like me have the most contempt for gossip and by extension the people who ultimately let themselves get sucked into it unquestioningly.

And what those people don’t know is that ultimately they’re being watched and it will come back to bite them eventually, whatever the situation or context (I’m just talking in general). It’s one thing to have a gossipy, nosy mind but to have a gossipy tongue you’re putting it out there indiscreetly and information’s getting out there to people who can vouch for who you’re gossiping about so nonchalantly (who might sometimes just hear you themselves), and that’s the irony. The people who like to gossip the most are by their very nature the least discreet or secretive about it. When you’ve got da window wide-open and you’re not particularly quietly/lowly-spoken or capable of hushing your tone for discretion-call’s sake, you’s being heard loud and clear. And it could be by exactly that very person you don’t want to hear your nonsense. Or they can hear you through the wall if you’re living together (as another example). They may not say anything but that doesn’t mean they don’t know. There’s only so many times a person can put the fan on to block all of that poison coming into their ears without that becoming a point of gossip in itself. Either way, a person who’s already a bit jaded and cynical/situationally worried about stuff like that is probably just a too smart to ever be that boo-boo the fool in that situation. The red flags in the atmosphere are always there in some form or other when you’re being talked about negatively for no reason and the individual gossipee often knows that, to the extent of being all-too painfully aware of it sometimes. You just cannot kid someone with sharp ears like that.

Last edited by Redway; 06-05-2024 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:04 PM #213

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Ain't nobody gonna give a guy that looks like a spent flaccid penis a standing ovation.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:06 PM #214

Ain’t nobody gonna give a tragic excuse for a human-being a standing ovation. Of course they ain’t. Not even a sitting, lying down, REM-sleeping, comatose or dead ovation.

Last edited by Redway; 05-05-2024 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:08 PM #215
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And unfortunately, Mock, we live in a world where (wo)mandem will believe anything about you sometimes, especially the less they know you that personally. Instead of to come to you and check what’s being said with you in a diplomatic way (which they would find a way of doing, even if second-handedly, if they really respected you and your integrity that much), they go with rumours and naysay instead.

If they don’t like you anyway, they won’t need much telling or convincing to find a reason to hate you even more or at least justify their contempt for you. But people like me have the most contempt for gossip and by extension the people who ultimately let themselves get sucked into it unquestioningly.

And what those people don’t know is that ultimately they’re being watched and it will come back to bite them eventually, whatever the situation or context (I’m just talking in general). It’s one thing to have a gossipy, nosy mind but to have a gossipy tongue you’re putting it out there indiscreetly and information’s getting out there to people who can vouch for who you’re gossiping about so nonchalantly (who might sometimes just hear you themselves), and that’s the irony. The people who like to gossip the most are by their very nature the least discreet or secretive about it. When you’ve got da window wide-open and you’re not particularly quietly/lowly-spoken or capable of hushing your tone for discretion-call’s sake, you’s being heard loud and clear. And it could be by exactly that very person you don’t want to hear your nonsense. Or they can hear you through the wall if you’re living together (as another example). They may not say anything but that doesn’t mean they don’t know. There’s only so many times a person can put the fan on to block all of that poison coming into their ears without that becoming a point of gossip in itself.
I 100% agree.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:11 PM #216

Quote:
I 100% agree.
Yeah, Mock. It can’t just be a case of being paranoid when it ends up being true and people have been being talked about in the way that they were worried about. It’s like a self-fulfilling prophesy. Can represent serious mental illness in the extreme but can also be genuine reality that being cynical and jaded is just a natural follow-through result from and of. When you’ve been through the lows of smear-campaigning it can sometimes hardly make sense to be any other way, and it can last for years. You might just become more and more bitter (or at least cynical) as the years go on, because you’re used to people out there treating and talking about you badly.

Last edited by Redway; 05-05-2024 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:14 PM #217

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, Mock. It can’t just be a case of being paranoid when it ends up being true and people have been being talked about in the way that they were worried about.
Now I think you mean me. Cause you think I meant you in an earlier post...I meant myself in that post, and in this thread I meant piers morgahn..

Paranoia huh...its a bummer when you read.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:15 PM #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Now I think you mean me. Cause you think I meant you in an earlier post...I meant myself in that post, and in this thread I meant piers morgahn..

Paranoia huh...its a bummer when you read.
I could flip that back on you because nothing you said has anything to do with what I’m talking about. I can promise you that.

Old 05-05-2024, 10:17 PM #219

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I could flip that back on you because nothing you said has anything to do with what I’m talking about. I can promise you that.
That's good..I'm not paranoid now.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:23 PM #220

But, yeah, Mock, when that attitude runs unchecked you look at the world through insuring eyelids and have an inherent distrust and cynicism towards most people (even if you still see the good in them), because you have no reason to do anything else after everything you’ve been through. Some people are born that way but for others it’s acquired through negative experiences.

That’s why people like Piers Morgan and in general all the clapped blabbermouths of this world are an extra layer of repulsive. I’m all for healthy teas but because of that we’re talking anything from matcha turmeric to your bog-standard 2-sugared PG tips. Normal gossip. It ain’t going to be unhealthy tea that’s got 17 sugars in it and I ain’t getting involved with the corresponding poison from someone with a sickly-sweet smile of narcissistic charisma. It’s not good for you or anyone.

Last edited by Redway; 06-05-2024 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:48 PM #221
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah, Mock. It can’t just be a case of being paranoid when it ends up being true and people have been being talked about in the way that they were worried about. It’s like a self-fulfilling prophesy. Can represent serious mental illness in the extreme but can also be genuine reality that being cynical and jaded is just a natural follow-through result from and of. When you’ve been through the lows of smear-campaigning it can sometimes hardly make sense to be any other way, and it can last for years. You might just become more and more bitter (or at least cynical) as the years go on, because you’re used to people out there treating and talking about you badly.
From my personal experience, I have probably become more jaded just by observing how other people talk to each other sometimes.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:59 PM #222

Quote:
From my personal experience, I have probably become more jaded just by observing how other people talk to each other sometimes.
Ah.

For some people it’s less about the to and more about the about.

Old 08-05-2024, 07:00 PM #223

Ken Gillman’s refusal to admit that tranylcypromine does indeed have some amphetamine-like effects. Like ya but come on. Let’s just be honest.

Old 08-05-2024, 10:27 PM #224
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

The commentary on TNT Sports during the Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich game tonight.

It sounded like I was listening to a bunch of 5 year olds, it was pathetic to watch.

And I meant to moan about this yesterday, but I forgot.

But it's about Sky Sports being about everything but Sport nowadays.

- Racism - Tick
- Homophobia - Tick
- Misogyny - Tick
- Mental Health - Tick
- Head injuries - Tick
- Fatherhood in Football - Tick
- Religion - Tick
- 5% to actual Football matches - Tick

Good luck if you're a fan of a Sport that isn't Football on Sky Sports News.
Old 09-05-2024, 01:45 PM #225

Spotify playlists playing everything but the song you downloaded first. Man just wants Christina Aguilera’s Beautiful, not a million-and-one side-tracks.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
irritate, things