Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 15-08-2012, 11:04 AM #1
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple202 View Post
Because of the inherent sexism and racism of the viewing and voting public in these shows.
So how does our top 3 being; a transgender man, a black male with a gang history, a British-Indian female - fit into this idea of yours that the public are inherently prejudiced?

Even if you did argue that race is a factor, that alone does not account for such a massive difference in percentages

Quote:
You voted for a man that threatened rape. Hope you're proud of yourself
Pathetic comment tbh

Last edited by MTVN; 15-08-2012 at 11:05 AM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 11:29 AM #2
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
So how does our top 3 being; a transgender man, a black male with a gang history, a British-Indian female - fit into this idea of yours that the public are inherently prejudiced?

Even if you did argue that race is a factor, that alone does not account for such a massive difference in percentages

Pathetic comment tbh
That's because they have a storyline, they are all known to the public and liked for who they are. If you just put up a man and a woman, nothing else, no emotional investment, voters will save the man. It's always happened. There's only been one instance in a head to head where the woman has been saved since BB9 when rachel was saved and that's lauren vs. benedict. Same goes for if you put up a black woman and a white woman, voters will tend to save the white woman.

And not at all pathetic, I think it's more pathetic that people support such a vile, odious creature.

Last edited by Apple202; 15-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 11:49 AM #3
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's because they have a storyline, they are all known to the public and liked for who they are. If you just put up a man and a woman, nothing else, no emotional investment, voters will save the man. It's always happened. There's only been one instance in a head to head where the woman has been saved since BB9 when rachel was saved and that's lauren vs. benedict. Same goes for if you put up a black woman and a white woman, voters will tend to save the white woman.

And not at all pathetic, I think it's more pathetic that people support such a vile, odious creature.
So you only crudely reduce it down to stereotypes where it suits, I don't deny that it might give an advantage being white/male but I'd say the difference is only marginal & I'm still surprised at how much Conor did win that eviction by
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 06:04 PM #4
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
So you only crudely reduce it down to stereotypes where it suits, I don't deny that it might give an advantage being white/male but I'd say the difference is only marginal & I'm still surprised at how much Conor did win that eviction by
He's not just doing to where it suits. You're acting like because it doesn't happen every single time, it's not true, discounting all the times a black female is labeled as aggressive or a woman is shunned while a man is a "legend" for similar behavior. All this year's final three shows is that a broken clock is still right twice a day.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 12:07 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Quote:

Hear hear! Let's he honest if Luke A didn't have that transgender story he would have went the week he was up against Lauren, that eviction is a prime example of a back-story versus a strong personality, the back-story always wins.

As for Conor if we're up in a head to head against any outsider he would've gone, beating Shev no achievement.

Last edited by dathadiguy; 15-08-2012 at 12:08 PM.
dathadiguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 03:45 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dathadiguy View Post
Hear hear! Let's he honest if Luke A didn't have that transgender story he would have went the week he was up against Lauren, that eviction is a prime example of a back-story versus a strong personality, the back-story always wins.

As for Conor if we're up in a head to head against any outsider he would've gone, beating Shev no achievement.
Yeah, luke A played a blinder that week. Talking to the insiders gave him airtime, he then made his first of many 'accept me' DR pleas, and got adam to dig lauren a big hole for herself 2 DAYS before the eviction. Yet she only lost by 7%.....THAT was a big turning point in the whole series. Still, no hard feelings, lol....
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eviction, percentages